Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Weekend Update - 25 June 2022!

FS2Crew Weekend Update time!

It's a big one!

1. FS2Crew for the Leonardo Maddog X for MSFS has been released!  

Product Info Page:

https://fs2crew.com/product/fs2crew-fly-the-maddog-x-edition/

Product Manager:

https://fs2crew.com/downloads/

We're offering 5 euros off, limited time!  No coupon code required.

2. All MSFS FS2Crew products have been updated!  You can update them via the Product Manager (link above).

Change Log Page:

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-change_logs/

3. What's coming up next?

1. We've devised a way that you can run FS2Crew MSFS products via your phone or tablet.  This is great for home cockpit users, or people with single monitors who want to ensure all their screen real estate is dedicated to MSFS itself, and not other addons.  ETA on that:  looking at next week.

As far as I know, in the MSFS world we may be the first who can do this.

2. Starting with the Maddog version, we're using a new audio system.  We can add new sounds much easier now... especially ATC callsigns.

Please see this thread:

3. What about our next plane?  Well, as you know PMDG just put the brakes on anyone using the "old" P3D SDK in the MSFS version.   (Please no conspiracy theory comments from the "Tin Foil Hat" crowd 😉 RSR and I don't hang out together on "the grassy knoll"... )

So as I stated before, until PMDG releases a true MSFS specific SDK for their 737, ours hands our tied. 

So right now we're looking at the Fenix Airbus; the question is integration with it.  It's a very complex plane.  We'll see.  

In the meantime, please enjoy your new FS2Crew Maddog.  The Maddog is a complex plane, and if there's any MSFS addon aircraft that needs "two crew", it's the Maddog for sure.

msfs_maddog_box_large.png?w=488&ssl=1

Edited by byork
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I hope the SDK won't be too long?

Who knows... the old SDK was obviously causing problems with the aircraft, so they had to block access.

But I know from FSX/P3D days, it took PMDG several months before they released an SDK if memory serves correct.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Who knows... the old SDK was obviously causing problems with the aircraft, so they had to block access.

But I know from FSX/P3D days, it took PMDG several months before they released an SDK if memory serves correct.

it will take less time with MSFS? We have to cross our fingers 🙂 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Thanks, Bryan. I think FS2Crew for the Fenix is one of the MOST wanted addons, it is really needed to reach the maximum level in realism! All those, like me, who come from the FSLabs, where the fantastic FS2Crew flows and checklists were (are) known by heart, really miss it, now... 

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

4 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Thanks, Bryan. I think FS2Crew for the Fenix is one of the MOST wanted addons, it is really needed to reach the maximum level in realism! All those, like me, who come from the FSLabs, where the fantastic FS2Crew flows and checklists were (are) known by heart, really miss it, now... 

Well, be prepared to re-learn, because as you know Airbus recently updated their checklists 🙂

Airbus is always changing stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, byork said:

Well, be prepared to re-learn, because as you know Airbus recently updated their checklists 🙂

Airbus is always changing stuff.

Glad to hear that you will be using the updated checklists for the Fenix. Godspeed.

John.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2