Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

How to uninstall the Just Flight Piper Warrior 2

Hi,

I want to uninstall the Just Flight Piper Warrior 2, in order to install a new version just released. 

The original install was through an automatic installer but I don't find the program in Control Panel > Programs and Features.

So I have to do it manually through the Community folder?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

I don't have the Warrior 2 but I do have the Arrow III/IV and for those there is an entry in Add/Remove Programs called "PA28 Turbo Arrow MSFS" so you might want to look there (under "P" entries)

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

42 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hi,

I want to uninstall the Just Flight Piper Warrior 2, in order to install a new version just released. 

The original install was through an automatic installer but I don't find the program in Control Panel > Programs and Features.

So I have to do it manually through the Community folder?

Just Flight is a bit different than most other publishers, their updates are applied by installing "over" what's already installed. You don't uninstall in order to do an update. Just make sure it is installing where you're original install was made.

• Like 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yeah the installer seems to remove the previous install rather than overwriting parts of it.  It removes my "blue upholstery" mod I downloaded, every time as well.

I assume they do that as it is safer and avoids issue with incompatible user modifications and addons causing issues.

On the plus side if you have installed a heaps of mods you do not really need anymore it automatically cleans your install up for you. 😄

Many thanks to all.

Indeed Mace. In Control Panel > Programs and Features., I looked for J... like Just Flight. But it was in P... like PA28 Warrior II MSFS TP.

- TONY -

Sort of related: there does not seem to be an option to install to a custom directory

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Yeah there is -  mine is installed in a random games directory somewhere. 

BTW just noticed it did NOT remove my addon blue upholstery on update.

58 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yeah there is -  mine is installed in a random games directory somewhere. 

I’ll check again. Possibly my memory is wrong. Been a while since I had it installed on my PC.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I would have to uninstall manually and reinstall to check if it is an option on first install.

Either way = now that it is in it's own place and linked with addon linker the update installer finds it fine.