Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Packs off take off?

Hi All,

Great product as usual.  Really like the departure brief and landing briefings back in again, I really missed those.

I can't seem to find an option to do a packs off take-off? I'm sure this was possible in the P3D version.

Also even though I briefed for reduced thrust take off and pressed the TO FLX button on the ART panel the FO still presses TO and announces ART AUTO during his checks?

Also FO doesn't set brakes to RTO. ART Switch isn't set back to auto after take-off, no captains PA at cruise using button control and also centre fuel pumps were not switched off once they were low.

Edited by Andayle

Dean Farley

8 hours ago, Andayle said:

Hi All,

Great product as usual.  Really like the departure brief and landing briefings back in again, I really missed those.

I can't seem to find an option to do a packs off take-off? I'm sure this was possible in the P3D version.

Also even though I briefed for reduced thrust take off and pressed the TO FLX button on the ART panel the FO still presses TO and announces ART AUTO during his checks?

Also FO doesn't set brakes to RTO. ART Switch isn't set back to auto after take-off, no captains PA at cruise using button control and also centre fuel pumps were not switched off once they were low.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for the kind words 😉

Packs off takeoff:  I looked at the original source code for the FSX/P3D version.  I couldn't find any option for a packs off takeoff.  I'm not even sure if you can do a packs off takeoff in this plane since I recall the APU won't provide air in flight, so you'd be unpressurized.

At any rate, we'll check it out.  If any Maddog experts here have any info to add, please feel free to add it and we can code it.

Other stuff we'll check and fix asap.

Update would come out the same time as we release our new feature that allows you to run FS2Crew via your phone / tablet.

We may thrown in an extra voice set as well 😉

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the slow reply not had much time for flightsim the last few days.  Ah maybe I'm remembering wrong then.  I just thought the MD80 was capable as the EFB take-off calculator that comes with the Maddog has an option for packs on or off take-off performance.  Another thing I noticed today when doing another flight.  When lining up on the runway and the FO sets spoilers it also seems to set of the TCAS system test.

Dean Farley