Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FSPXAI Boeing 787

This may seem like a trivial observation, but I want to highlight something that I have just noticed in the aircraft.cfg files of all versions of the FSPXAI Boeing 787. I have just completed a flight into EGNX East Midlands, and I noted that a TUI Boeing 787 was parked in a location where I was not expecting it. I have allocated a specific parking spot for this plane at this airport, so that only this plane parks there. However, it has stubbornly refused to park there, and instead occupies one of the larger cargo parking spots. At first, I thought that I had not added the specific parking code correctly, but everything looked fine when I checked. The parking radius is set so that none of the 777 and 747 freighters that visit the airport can park there, because the wingspans of these planes are slightly greater than that of a 787. It was only after thinking about this that I wondered whether the wingspan of the 787 was correctly designated in the aircraft.cfg file. Checking this revealed that the wingspan was set to 209.98 feet, which is incorrect. The wingspan of a Boeing 787 is 197.25 feet. I modified the wingspan statement in the aircraft.cfg file, and now the TUI 787 is parking in the correct location.

Like I stated above, this may sound like a minor issue. Nevertheless, I just wanted to make other users aware of this, in case something similar is happening at one of your addon airports :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That has been a known feature since it was released but it has never addressed by the dev. For those that use AIG's OCI, the AI Manager installs them with a 196 foot wingspan so that they do park in spots of the proper size.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks for the information, Dave. I am probably one of the few remaining "custom AI database" users in P3D, so it took me a bit longer to notice the problem :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My 787's (both 8 and 9) have a wingspan of 198 feet. I haven't changed anything, and I don't use OCI (I install all my AI by hand). Are use still using v1? Maybe v2 was changed to 198 feet?

I have v2 of the FSPXAI 787 installed.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm guessing aig use the UTT 787 and not the fspxai ones 

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have v2 of the FSPXAI 787 installed.

I have 

wing_span=155.4          //Feet

maybe i need to update to v2.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just completed a flight into EGNX East Midlands, and I noted that a TUI Boeing 787 was parked in a location where I was not expecting it:wink:

out of interest Chris where had it come in from and going out to?    I cant see any tui 787s that have operated into EMA this weekend.  but then they'd struggle to russle up 8 cabin crew for it by the sound of things this summer

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I'm guessing aig use the UTT 787 and not the fspxai ones

AIG will use either, it is selectable on user preference.

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

out of interest Chris where had it come in from and going out to?    I cant see any tui 787s that have operated into EMA this weekend.  but then they'd struggle to russle up 8 cabin crew for it by the sound of things this summer

You know me better than that, Pete. My flightplans are from 2019 :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG will use either, it is selectable on user preference.

How its that possible the fspxai ones are payware. 

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

You know me better than that, Pete. My flightplans are from 2019 :wink:

Ahh they had crew back then 😏

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

How its that possible the fspxai ones are payware. 

You select in the settings what payware models that you want OR don't want to use.

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

You select in the settings what payware models that you want OR don't want to use.

so they are distributing payware models, or just the bgls ? 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

so they are distributing payware models, or just the bgls ? 

No of course they aren't sharing payware models. As I mentioned, you select in the settings what models you want to use based on what payware models you OWN and AI manager downloads and installs repaints based on your preferences.