Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Simple ATC for MSFS

Hi all,

I used X-Chatter for Xplane for a long time and loved it, I really liked the Simple ATC part. I used it on every flight.  Are there any plans to bring it over to the MSFS version?  As simple as it was it really added to the immersion for me 🙂

Dean Farley

1 hour ago, Andayle said:

Hi all,

I used X-Chatter for Xplane for a long time and loved it, I really liked the Simple ATC part. I used it on every flight.  Are there any plans to bring it over to the MSFS version?  As simple as it was it really added to the immersion for me 🙂

I had always thought that the ATC in MSFS 2020 was so good that no one would be interested in a Simple ATC feature like we have in X-ATC-Chatter. Can you tell me what you liked about Simple ATC as compared to the ATC in MSFS2020?

Mark

3 hours ago, markcellis said:

I had always thought that the ATC in MSFS 2020 was so good that no one would be interested in a Simple ATC feature like we have in X-ATC-Chatter. Can you tell me what you liked about Simple ATC as compared to the ATC in MSFS2020?

Mark

For me the ATC in MSFS isn't great.  so I tend to use a mixture of Real traffic using the real traffic app and AIG models, then I enhance this with the ATC audio from FS ATC CHATTER.  The reason simple ATC for me was great was because I could forget the ATC in Xplane as that was awful as well and have a very basic controller telling me to contact ground or tower etc,  this allowed me to fly the sim in the way I had filed with all the added realism of real flights and chatter.  The downside of using MSFS ATC for me is it often repeats assigned altitudes, sometimes completely forgets me and gives no instructions, and worst of all it will often fly you straight into a mountain as it has no terrain awareness.

With Simple ATC, I just set departure and destination, runways and altitude and get a very simple but satisfying experience, Although simple ATC is fake and doesn't really control anything, it was enjoyable because it would let me fly my planned route without any hassles and just gave a sense of a controller following you along the route and telling you to switch to tower, ground etc.

Dean Farley

@Andayle Thanks, that helps to understand why you asked for it. Lets see if many more people agree with you. It will also be helpful to see how popular Simple ATC is in X-ATC-Chatter. It is still pretty new.

Mark

Edited by markcellis

Seems I may be the only one who found this feature useful hehe 😛

Dean Farley

On 6/26/2022 at 11:44 PM, Andayle said:

With Simple ATC, I just set departure and destination, runways and altitude and get a very simple but satisfying experience, Although simple ATC is fake and doesn't really control anything, it was enjoyable because it would let me fly my planned route without any hassles and just gave a sense of a controller following you along the route and telling you to switch to tower, ground etc.

Just saw this post, totally agree. I love SimpleATC, I use it every flight.

• Like 1