Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speed

Bad Case of Blurries - Cure for some (?)

Like so many others, I have had a very bad case of blurries 1 and 2 with FSX, good frames and no stuttering except when ASV6 is updating weather. J Van E provided a definition in a recent post as follows: Blurry 1: after flying for some time textures don't load anymore and in the end you are flying above completely blurred land. (my worse problem)Blurry 2: textures do get loaded, but only when you've almost passed them. So things aren't completely blurred but it doesn't look pretty and it spoils the feeling of being there. Other than the blurry problem FSX has been an enjoyable flying experience with SP1. Of course I couldn

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I also have a 7600GS but if I use AA in FSX I will get a CTD when I fly a payware aircraft and change views although stock aircraft are ok. If I enable AA through the card I get blurries but no CTD's..........Catch 22!By the way...what drivers are you using?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I am using 91.47 dated 8/11/06. Although I am not a computer expert you might want to try disabling FSX AA and let your card control the application. Keep anisotropic disabled on the card using the setting in FSX. I tried your set up but no CTD. How soon does the CTD occur after you change your setting? I must confess that I noticed flying in heavy dense areas like KSEA, KATL I still get a Blurry 2 on occasion but nothing like the blurries before I disabled the card settings. Regards,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have a 7600GS 256MB too. No blurries or CTD's. No SP-1 either.L.Adamson

Carl,Did you try leaving your AA and AF setting with the Video card and just set the FPS to 20 instead of unlimited.setting FPS to unlimited is a sure way to get the blirries in FSX. I think that one change you made helped you. But you seem to give credit to the AA and AF setting change that you made.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

wow that must be nice. If it was not for SP1 I would still be spending most of my time using FS9 with no blurries and no tweaking required since I tweaked FS9 to death. I still love both and warming up to FSX a little more...Carl

Carl

Guest Len

Blurries are a challenge. The only way I was able to get rid of them (well not completely) was to turn off autogen and lock my fps. I lock it at 24 fps. I have all the scenery settings mostly fully right. Not the best fps when in big cities. However, the compromise to having the blurries but way better fps for me is to turn autogen fully right and max the other scenery settings except water. Then there is a great look from the ground and tolerable compromise in the air but there are the blurries. A little of this or that but it's all about compromise with this version.In below pic autogen off with UT X and AS X.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Lent1/blurries1.jpg

Strangley enough, I did not have blurries at all. I have an nVidia 7600GT and was using AA and AF on the Vid Card and also had my FPS set to unlimited. I went ahead and did what you said just to see what would happen, so I set AF and AA in FSX, and then limited my frames to 23, well not only did my performance decreases to about 15 FPS, but I had an entire blurry mess, so in conclusion, for me at least is that I live in backwards land.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi Manny,Yep I sure did but no go. It is almost a hit and miss thing. One day I would fly for 30 minutes or so (kSEA)and everything went well with unlimited settings and video settings using AA and AF. The next day still using KSEA as test site I would have blurries coming out the rear end of my 19" monitor it was so bad. This was using the same settings I used the day before at the same location. The last two days have been most enjoyable since I have allowed FSX to control AA -AF. Still may experiment some more to make sure both have to be set in FSX and fixed frames. The best way I have noticed to check blurries is with the outside view-top view. If it is not clear in that view then I have problems. Carl

Carl

Jeff,What can I say, maybe I could go pick up a 7600GT card. I certainly agree that using unlimited gives better frames on my computer as well but with blurries (maybe). I will probably tweak some more and see if I can some how use unlimited with FSX settings. At least the blurries for me have something to do with AA and AF and fixed/unlimited settingss. Thanks,Carl

Carl

Well, I should NOT have messed with my video card setting, even though i changed everything back to normal, now I am getting blurries and stutters, apparently, since I had installed FSX plus SP1, my video card was running in some kind of "ghost settings" mode or some default thing that can not be brought back, and all it took was for me to change a couple of settings and hit "apply", so beware apparently any time you make a change even if you set it back to the way it was before it undoes something so now I'm in the same boat as you guys, great.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest JIMJAM

I have given up since the blurries can occur at different locations at diffferent times as the sim "morphs".I have flown in an area that looked crystal clear only to get blurries a few miles away.Change planes, in and out.I have all the latest addons and a high end rig.After installing UTX,ASX ect, I am convinced more than ever FSX will remain a general aviation,helicopter ,less than 250mph sim for another year or two.I just do ot look outside the windows unless I really have to.:-lol

>I am using 91.47 dated 8/11/06. Although I am not a computer>expert you might want to try disabling FSX AA and let your>card control the application. Keep anisotropic disabled on the>card using the setting in FSX. I tried your set up but no CTD.> How soon does the CTD occur after you change your setting? I>must confess that I noticed flying in heavy dense areas like>KSEA, KATL I still get a Blurry 2 on occasion but nothing like>the blurries before I disabled the card settings. >>Regards,>Carl That's exactly what I've done...the card controls AA and FSX AF.With AA activated within FSX I will usually get a CTD whenever I change views and return to the VC but ONLY with my FSD C337 & Saratoga...the RealAir SF260 and default aircraft aren't affected.Now I've got a new problem...after installing UTX-USA I've got a bad case of the blurries but they clear up if I deactivate UTX's roads.YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always something! Maybe I need to save my pennies for a new system.Dell 8400 640(3.2GHz/800FSB) | 2GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 7600 GS

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest Speed

This completely solved my blurries. I cant believe Ive put up with them for so long under the notion that settings should be done at the video driver level.Removing anisoptropic and aa from the ati control panel and defining aa and anisoptropic within FS has removed all blurries. I've never seen the textures so sharp before, now my FS looks like the awesome screenshots I have seen.There has been a small increase in shimmering but I can put up with that for that huge increase in texture sharpness.Thanks for the tip.