5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So my vote is for CYXX.

Something not up to par with the CYXX at flightsim.to ?

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

22 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Something not up to par with the CYXX at flightsim.to ?

Oh, nice catch. To be honest, I have not been to the Abbotsford airport in real life, but since it's a Greater Vancouver Area airport, it's one that I am more likely to buy.  I see the Abbotsford airport on flightsim.to has custom buildings too, something the Boundary Bay airport (CZBB) in flightsim.to doesn't have (I think the Boundary Bay airport uses stock MSFS buildings, and it's not custom handcrafted buildings).

How accurate and detailed is the freeware Abbotsford airport compared to the real life Abbotsford airport?  I'm also wondering if Roman made a payware Abbotsford airport, how much better it can be over this freeware Abbotsford airport.

PS. Now a detailed Boundary Bay airport (CZBB) and Pitt Meadows (CYPK) , I would really love that if a payware developer made it, and made it much better than the freeware ones that are offered at flightsim.to, and the price is reasonable (ie. around $10 USD or less).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

31 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

How accurate and detailed is the freeware Abbotsford airport compared to the real life Abbotsford airport?

I spend all of my time at YVR only passing by YXX a few times a year so I can't say how accurate it is, but Ryan who made the scenery is very precise based on all of his other work. Could it be better? Sure, but I think that it's more than good enough for now to have someone's developmental time and effort put into a project that we don't have at all. 

Maybe an up to date CYMX? Either way, NO static aircraft please. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Is there a Montreal Mirabel out?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I would suggest CYAM Sault Ste. Marie (for the non Canadians reading its pronounced "Sue Saint Marie").  Controlling on Vatsim I see a lot of traffic flying there so I think think this has good sale potential.  Thunder Bay would be another one that has good traffic flow from both Toronto and Winnipeg.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thank you all for valuable feedback! I actually made a spreadsheet, counted the votes from all channels and added notes. After sorting it out, heavy brainstorming, and coordinating future development plans with FSim Studios, I can now announce that I will develop CYYJ Victoria for MSFS next! When I'm done with it, I will most likely proceed with St. Jon's, possibly followed up with Soult Ste. Marie, but we'll see when we get there. Depends on what other developers are doing and what's available by then. In any case, all requests are noted and will help determine my future plans.

Happy Canada Day!

Edited by Roman Design
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

17 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Thank you all for valuable feedback! I actually made a spreadsheet, counted the votes from all channels and added notes. After sorting it out, heavy brainstorming, and coordinating future development plans with FSim Studios, I can now announce that I will develop CYYJ Victoria for MSFS next! When I'm done with it, I will most likely proceed with St. Jon's, possibly followed up with Soult Ste. Marie, but we'll see when we get there. Depends on what other developers are doing and what's available by then. In any case, all requests are noted and will help determine my future plans.

Happy Canada Day!

So happy that someone is doing CYYJ, Victoria International Airport!  That's the one that I actually wanted the most, in addition to CYEG!

Does this mean FSimStudios won't do CYYJ then?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 6/27/2022 at 10:43 AM, Roman Design said:

Some of you may know me from my airport sceneries. Now when CYOO is released, I’m considering my options for which Canadian airport to do next.

I’m open to suggestions regarding what are the most demanded airports that have not been done by anyone else and are not in the development currently by anyone, or are available in poor enough quality to be largely ignored. Naturally I would like to avoid unnecessary competition with other fine scenery developers by working on the same area, but rather work towards covering more Canadian airports instead, so we all win.

I was going to proceed with work on CYQB next, however a fair quality freeware was just released this month that clearly uses on-location photos for texturing, which I don’t have. So I don’t think it’s worth it to do CYQB now as I may not be able to offer a large enough gap in quality to warrant the price.

I’m sure some of you are in the loop of who’s developing what - I’d appreciate any advice. I will contact some developers directly, but I’d like to narrow down my options before I do.

Some options I am considering:

CYYT St. John’s
CYYC Calgary
CYAM Sault Ste. Marie
CYWG Winnipeg
CYEG Edmonton
CYXX Abbotsford
CYXE Saskatoon
CYQT Thunder Bay

I haven’t thoroughly checked if they are available or in development, but on the first glance they weren’t available from most respected developers. Anyway, let me know what you think!

Hi Roman,

My vote is for CYUL!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I feel like cyul would be a waste as I’d imagine Flytampa will release a cyul for msfs at some point… of course that’s just an assumption! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I hope that means that Fsimstudios is doing CYYC.  Much needed airport!!

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I feel like cyul would be a waste as I’d imagine Flytampa will release a cyul for msfs at some point… of course that’s just an assumption! 

They’ve already confirmed it. But mirabel would be nice. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

50 minutes ago, micstatic said:

They’ve already confirmed it. But mirabel would be nice. 

Ah nice!! I wasn’t aware, will be a nice flight from Toronto or Boston! 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

11 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Ah nice!! I wasn’t aware, will be a nice flight from Toronto or Boston! 

For whatever reason cyul was my most used airport in p3d. Mainly because I liked a chance for snow in the winter. But also because I really like the ground layout. I’m a 1-2 hr flight guy. So many options.