1 hour ago, micstatic said:

For whatever reason cyul was my most used airport in p3d. Mainly because I liked a chance for snow in the winter. But also because I really like the ground layout. I’m a 1-2 hr flight guy. So many options.  

I bought FlyTampa's CYYZ as a stop-over until they release CYUL. I enjoy re-creating flights from Montreal into Caribbean destinations I've been to. If you're leaving from Toronto to go to the Caribbean, you might save 10 to 15 minutes, compared to the same flight from Montreal.

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

I’m a 1-2 hr flight guy. So many options.  

Same here, I plan my airport add-on purchases on that principal, and CYUL offers great options!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I just saw this.

My vote is for Windsor, for what its worth 🙂 

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

So FSimStudio said in Discord they are so packed with work and other projects, that CYYJ (Victoria International) would come in late 2023 at the earliest. But knowing how projects work, and knowing the track record of FSimStudios, I think it's more like 2024 or even 2025 until we see CYYJ from FSimStudios:

NX5oXy2.png

Anyways, I am so glad that @Roman Design is doing CYYJ. I don't want to wait until 2024 or 2025 for FsimStudios to do it.  Good luck @Roman Design and I can't wait to try your CYYJ!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I didn't see anyone mention Regina (CYQR). No one has done that one, including SimAddons. That would complete my short hops across Canada in the CRJ. Thanks. Your sceneries look great, btw.

Edited by acbent2

3 hours ago, acbent2 said:

I didn't see anyone mention Regina (CYQR). No one has done that one, including SimAddons. That would complete my short hops across Canada in the CRJ. Thanks. Your sceneries look great, btw.

Regina was mentioned earlier in this thread -- I actually have the payware qqwertzde links to above.  I bought it on sale about 2 months ago.  It is all right, or good enough for my purposes.  I only occasionally fly through there.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 7/2/2022 at 2:11 AM, Roman Design said:

Thank you all for valuable feedback! I actually made a spreadsheet, counted the votes from all channels and added notes. After sorting it out, heavy brainstorming, and coordinating future development plans with FSim Studios, I can now announce that I will develop CYYJ Victoria for MSFS next! When I'm done with it, I will most likely proceed with St. Jon's, possibly followed up with Soult Ste. Marie, but we'll see when we get there. Depends on what other developers are doing and what's available by then. In any case, all requests are noted and will help determine my future plans.

Happy Canada Day!

Hey @Roman Design, when you do CYYJ, it would be awesome if you could also model the seaplane terminal(s) in Victoria 😁. FSimStudios also modeled the seaplane terminal in downtown Vancouver, and also the seaplane terminal next to CYVR, when you purchase their CYVR. I have made great use of both seaplane terminals that FSimStudios modeled in downtown Vancouver, and the one beside CYVR 😄. It would be fun to fly from the seaplane terminal(s) from Victoria, if you model that as well 😁.

Edited by abrams_tank

13 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It would be fun to fly from the seaplane terminal(s) from Victoria, if you model that as well

Absolutely! I intend to do that, already started the work on CYYJ. If you have any real life photos - send them to me. That area is difficult to find photos for.

• Like 3

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

1 hour ago, Roman Design said:

Absolutely! I intend to do that, already started the work on CYYJ. If you have any real life photos - send them to me. That area is difficult to find photos for.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Victoria so I can't help you get any real life photos.  But there are probably plenty of Avsimmers that do.  From your thread back in 2020, there were a few Victorians such as @DylanM   and @stevenpdeschamps and @Daytona Roberts that offered to take photos in Victoria for you. 

Here is @DylanM's offer to help: 

Here is @Daytona Roberts offer to help:

Here is @stevenpdeschamps offer to help: 

I can send them a message and maybe they can help you out! And maybe there will be other Victorians (or people travelling to Victoria) that could help you out too!

Everybody, if you also live in Victoria, BC, or you are travelling there, I hope you can help Roman out!  Cheers from a fellow Canadian!

Edited by abrams_tank

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Unfortunately, I don't live in Victoria so I can't help you get any real life photos.  But there are probably plenty of Avsimmers that do.  From your thread back in 2020, there were a few Victorians such as @DylanM   and @stevenpdeschamps and @Daytona Roberts that offered to take photos in Victoria for you. 

I can send them a message and maybe they can help you out! And maybe there will be other Victorians (or people travelling to Victoria) that could help you out too!

Everybody, if you also live in Victoria, BC, or you are travelling there, I hope you can help Roman out!  Cheers from a fellow Canadian!

Great research, I'm impressed 🙂 I'm actually in communication and  waiting for two of them to send me some photos, I already messaged them. I listed a lot of requests, so not sure what they could actually do, and didn't want to overburden them. I just thought maybe you do fly there in real life so it would be easier for you.

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

FSimStudios also modeled the seaplane terminal in downtown Vancouver

I didn’t realize that, will have to take a look.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 hours ago, regis9 said:

I didn’t realize that, will have to take a look.

Yup, the downtown seaplane terminal is modeled by FSimStudios.  Now if Roman is able to model the seaplane terminals in Victoria, then it will be very fun to fly from Victoria to Vancouver and emulate the Habour Air seaplane flights 👍

• Like 1