Sign in to follow this  
rlw9sr

Revert to Previous Version

I have not updated the PMDG 737.  The remote CDU was, however automatically, updated and the remote CDU is totally dark/blank.  Is it possible to revert to a previous version?  Thanks--

Robert

P.S. I waiting for GIT compatibility--

I would like to ask the exact same question. I did update the PMDG 737, only to find out that this broke most of the spad.next functionality (which is essential for me), so I reverted back to the previous PMDG version. 

Is there any way to get and run the previous Aviaserver version (and without auto-updating itself again)?

Thanks,

Dirk

Same here. Please provide a way to reinstall the earlier version and not have it auto update.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Folks,

you can download the previous version here:
https://www.aviaworx.com/files/backup/20220626_164934/aviaserver.zip
And you can extract the contents to the directory where the new version is (overwrite exiting files).
Note - aviaServer will always download the newest version when you run it, but won't install the new version until the subsequent time that aviaServer is run. So if you delete the downloaded temp version (just look in the installation directory for a new file after you run aviaServer), then it won't update itself.
Yes, it's a workaround but it should allow you to use the old version until you are in a position where you are happy to update the 737.
It's a slight mess currently, and probably will be for the next few version until PMDG's SDK has stabilized.
Hang in there!

• Like 1

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Yes, thanks Mark.  Cheers!

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I have blocked the exe in the firewall (using Binisoft Firewall Control) , so it doesn't update, but the other ports remain open.

A trouble free workaround for the moment.

Edited by smoothchat

19 hours ago, smoothchat said:

I have blocked the exe in the firewall (using Binisoft Firewall Control) , so it doesn't update, but the other ports remain open.

A trouble free workaround for the moment.

Clever solution - just don't forget to revert this once you are ready to update...

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png