Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

Navigraph or Not?

Navigraph is mandatory.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Navigraph/Simbrief + Fenix is a pure joy, but so too is having access to a world-class nav-tool in your tool-bar for your other, lesser aircraft! 😛

Worth!

• Like 1

I subscribed a year ago after I’d bought my first VR headset because using the charts in a browser became cumbersome. I‘m very happy with it and consider it a must now but were it not for VR I could probably live without it.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Essential tool, just as Track IR.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm a big fan of Navigraph and feel very good about the subscription. One of my must have's.

• Like 1

- Aaron

Navigraph Chart sucks, subscription is very expensive yet whole package is indispensable... 🙂

• Like 1

Artur 

I would like them to offer monthly database updates and a separate Charts product.

Since 3 months I started using the monthly subscription. Wanted to try & see, and compare to what I remember from Jeppesen SimCharts I used long ago.

It's an excellent product, with that integrated flight following app, but it's expensive 😞

MFS, though, is sop innexpensive compared to FSX / P3D / XP that I might decide and buy a full year subscription just to be able to use it with the Fenix, the FBW and the 737...

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

For charts I use Avliasoft EFB. Paid for it years ago, and I have all the charts I ever need, for anywhere I fly in the world.   https://www.aivlasoft.com/

Menwhile I think I'll give Aviasoft a try. It was suggested above and looks cool, but I wonder:

.) It only includes the "Charts" component, right ?

.) Do charts get updated as per their official data souces ?

One thing that recently made me take my hat to MFS and t's seemless and innexpensive integration witn Navigraph was an update that occured at LPPT, where it's two runways were updated from 03 / 21 to 02 / 22.... Well, at the same day of the RL update it occured in MFS too AND the runway numbers were promptly updated too !  This is way better / easier / cheaper than I ever foun before in any other flightsim !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

One note, Aivlasoft is not the chart software. Its more like the moving map, which offers procedures overlay (SIDS/STARS/APPROACH) but it does not offer charts. 

• Like 1

There are people who  90€ seems cheap, we know there are many realities in avsim but with the constant AIRAC updates of MFS and free chart sources I think it's more than enough for most.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I often thought about getting a Navigraph subscription for the sim integration it offers but always defer because the charts I need are available on SkyVector or AirNav.  Actually I prefer to view the charts on my browser because they are scaled up so I can easily read them.

Besides that they are free!  😊

Any other takes on the subject?

sp

Only if you want others to view you as a "hardcore simmer." 😀

Navigraph Ultimate is a poor man's ForeFlight.

https://foreflight.com/

Disregard the red disclaimer on every NAVIGRAPH chart. As if, we are so dumb that we can't tell the difference between a sim and a real airplane.

For the purposes of the sim:

1) It keeps MSFS, LNM, Pilot2Atc, and even some airplanes that support NAVIGRAPH navdata updated.  Consistency!

2) The IFR planner is the best you can get. It layers all the charts that you need for your flights and it can be used as a moving map on a separate screen. These charts are Jep charts and are updated every 28 days. This is why it's subscription based. If you are a real world IFR Pilot you know that you have to have current charts. This is now possible for your sim.

3) The ap can be used on a tablet to track your flight and view all your charts. Handy for even more realism.

4) There are some airplanes such as my H-Jet or Fenix A320 that will display charts in the G3000 or Tablet.

5) When you support the NAVIGRAPH developer, you are also supporting Simbrief.

We are so lucky to have this service. It's certainly not for everyone. But, if you want to stay sharp as a Single Pilot IFR operator, this is the must have subscription, because it's easy to use and very convenient when looking for those important charts.

NAVIGRAPH & Pilot2ATC are the two best add-ons ever created for the flight sim enthusiast that wants to simulate IFR flights in the comfort of his/her home.

We are lucky to have this service.

• Like 7

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I think this is an area Microsoft should stop in. I use Navigraph and like how it works. And I already tried their new beta and that is gonna be even better. But I don't like paying a monthly fee. The issue is not so much the money itself. It is that I feel pressured to use the sim. But I don't always want to. 
But then the hurdle to even get into the sim again if I didn't use it for a while is higher since I need to "commit" to a whole month. And then I also use Onair and that gets even higher. But at least that one is very cheap so it's not that much of a deal. 

That is why I was initially very excited about Charts+ since it sounded like MSFS would have native charts for free. I don't mind spending 60€ on a good plane since I will have that forever but monthly fees simply are not a good thing for a sim psychologically. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No Brainer,

I use it with simbrief for every flight I do. I also Have the navigraph app on one of my iPads all the flights I do.

I use 2 iPads now with the Fenix app on one and Navigraph charts on the other even on both sometimes with the Fenix version. I am going to use the wife old iPad so I will have 3, 1 for navigraph,1 for Fenix and the other for my walkthrough.

If you want to fly airliners its a must have imo.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes! And while I can't say much there are a lot of new amazing things coming as well🙂

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

2 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

One note, Aivlasoft is not the chart software. Its more like the moving map, which offers procedures overlay (SIDS/STARS/APPROACH) but it does not offer charts. 

Nothing on the charts, that is missing on Avliasoft that is important that I can see. I haven;t looked at charts in years, and I fly 100% IFR to different airports every day. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Aivlasoft EFB or little nav map eventually use Navigraph or aerosoft data to keep up to date. The same applies to simbrief.

If one is to settle for older charts/navdata then navigraph is not necessary as long as the database is in sync among planner and addons.