Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Problems with wide screen view and Go-flight with FSX

I swear FSX is just like a real airplane. For every hour you fly, you spend four hours fixing it. I have been struggling all weekend on two separate issues. Maybe you guys can help with them?I use Track IR with a Matrox TH2Go and three 19" Samsung monitors. A great set up. One that I highly recommend. Wonderful emersion. I have both FS9 & FSX installed and up into SP1 I had been flying only FS9. However both sims are set up the same. Now that SP1 is out and my frame rates are in the high teens to low twenties I can fly FSX. The past week or so I had been using FSX and purchased the Real Air SF 260 which I really enjoy flying. Well, come Saturday morning FSX no longer works wide screen (across all three monitors) in full screen. It only fills the middle monitor. If I go out of full screen and drag the screen, I can fill all three monitors that way. However, when I do so FSX runs slower. This morning, I installed UTX-USA and it runs way to slow in non-full screen mode.I have checked the FSX cfg. All display settings are for 3840X1024X32 and it shows my nvidia 7900 card. FS9 works fine. I compared the two cfgs and the Display settings of the FSX match those in FS9, so far as display mode goes. Matrox no longer has their forums, so I can ask there.My second problem is with FSX and my Go-Flight modules. Ever since SP1 they no longer work. I haven

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>I swear FSX is just like a real airplane. For every hour you>fly, you spend four hours fixing it. Classic!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest gb anon

Re GoFlight.Try manually starting GFConfig.exe before running FSX.gb.

Guest gb anon

Re GoFlightSorry, I mean to say manually start GFDevFSX.exe (not GFConfig.exe)before starting FSX.gb

I will try that. However, it will be in a few days. :) I am leaving shortly on business.

John
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

>I will try that. However, it will be in a few days. :) I am>leaving shortly on business.>>I saved my profiles, then uninstalled GFConfig, then reinstalled the latest version and and added the profiles. I knew there were other possible workarounds, but this one worked clean and perfect.

John et al - Yeah, I just loaded my FS9 saved config under the FSX tab in the GoFlight Config applet and that got them working, the software start-up message, etc. Still no luck with the standard MCP though......tweak, tweak, tweak....Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Manually starting GFDevFSX.exe did the trick.Thanks!:-)

John