FS Passengers was the absolute best IMO...It is the hardest sacrifice that I had to make when moving to P3D V4. (There is no version that will work in P3D V4)

Ive tried most of the other types, and none compare...

Im still looking for a suitable replacement...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rennman said:

FS Passengers was the absolute best IMO...It is the hardest sacrifice that I had to make when moving to P3D V4. (There is no version that will work in P3D V4)

Ive tried most of the other types, and none compare...

Im still looking for a suitable replacement...

What did you like about FS Passengers? I’ve been been working on a voice attack-based mod for airline ops that captures some elements  of FSP, particularly cabin crew interaction.  I’ve just been thinking about adding some basic career functionality to it, and am looking for inspiration!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Always surprised that FSAirlines is never mentioned. Interface is well done, it's quite a complete offer and can be totally free for simple pilots.

Don't stop at the home page, the Crew Center is a lot nicer.

Edited by Zissiz Zekapten
  • Upvote 1

If you are interested in scoring, check out Newsky.  https://newsky.app/home

Top possible score is a 10 which is somewhat difficult to get.

You must follow proper airline procedures including being on center line on takeoff and landing.

You must also land in the touchdown zone without greasing it on or landing hard.

They also widen the landing criteria if the weather is bad so you don't get penalized for landing on a stormy day.

It is quite satisfying when you see the 10 score pop up after your flight. 

I use it on every flight.  Its also free to use.

• Like 1

FS Charter has been one of my favorites so far. It reminds me of FSE in many ways with its ability to keep track of every aircraft's status, position, and weight/fuel in its world. It has a much cleaner look and feel then FSE and is easier to use. It has a great interface; the plug-in auto fills your plane with the correct fuel and weight amounts. Another small detail that I like is that when you first launch the plug in, it will actually position your aircraft in the exact location and direction it was last parked.

FS Charter is very well done, its free unless you want to really grow your company and allow other pilots to fly for you at which point you'll need to pay a subscription of some sort. But if you're just looking to fly routes for others or start a small company then the program is free to use. Of all the career programs I've tried, and I've tried most of them out there, I would say this is the best one for me.

My 2nd choice would be SimBitWorld's A Pilot Life 2. This is by far the best if you simply want to simulate being a career commercial pilot, flying for airlines and their routes based off the real world. It doesn't have a tycoon mode where you start and run your own business, but if you want to simulate being a career pilot and flying for real world airlines, this one is the best.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:02 PM, Gazzareth said:

Fair enough, currently seeing if I can combine AH2 and Walker (VA) to get the best of both worlds! Since the VA scores the flight for me.... Plus I love their liveries!..

G

I never used VA's but Walker is really great.

I like to fly around the world all the time and Walker has world persistence, so if you land in for example PANC then next time you have to start there.
You get a few choices where you can fly to from there and with one click you get a really nice Simbrief profile with map and metars etc.

It is a adventure which never ends and everytime you land somewhere else in the world.

well, after reading this forum, i bought APLC2 and its fantastic in my books! Gives my flights so much more purpose!

So detailed... and I love the way you have to start off with rubbish airlines...work your way up.. very cool!

Happy camper after my first flight! Long way to go now!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:08 PM, lancealotg said:

If you are interested in scoring, check out Newsky.  https://newsky.app/home

Top possible score is a 10 which is somewhat difficult to get.

You must follow proper airline procedures including being on center line on takeoff and landing.

You must also land in the touchdown zone without greasing it on or landing hard.

They also widen the landing criteria if the weather is bad so you don't get penalized for landing on a stormy day.

It is quite satisfying when you see the 10 score pop up after your flight. 

I use it on every flight.  Its also free to use.

yep  agree  found  out  about  this  va  just the other  week  and  yes  its  very hard  to get  a  10, good  thing  about  it  you  can choose  which  aircraft  you want  as well

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Does A Pilots Life allow you to choose the routes/flights you want to fly, or is it more scripted and you are forced to fly the ones it provides you? The scoring and tracking aspects of the program sound interesting but I have been simulating flying for 25 years and am not interested in being told what planes I can fly, when and where I can fly them.

Dan Scott

I've done all my flights on the Newsky platform since I found out about it a couple of months ago. Makes you care about your rating and become a better pilot.

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

Does A Pilots Life allow you to choose the routes/flights you want to fly, or is it more scripted and you are forced to fly the ones it provides you? The scoring and tracking aspects of the program sound interesting but I have been simulating flying for 25 years and am not interested in being told what planes I can fly, when and where I can fly them.

In short, No, you cannot fly whatever plane you want and whatever route you want. It simulates a career as an airpline pilot. You start off flying the smaller planes and you have to work your way up the ranks. What airline you are employed by will determine the routes you fly just like in real life.

The best program I came across that lets you fly any route you want and whatever plane you want is Skypark. You are free to choose your routes and planes. It has some nice tours that are interesting to fly. Its a great program with the most flexibility while still giving you a reason to fly and a great way to explore the world. 

16 minutes ago, decker89 said:

In short, No, you cannot fly whatever plane you want and whatever route you want. It simulates a career as an airpline pilot. You start off flying the smaller planes and you have to work your way up the ranks. What airline you are employed by will determine the routes you fly just like in real life.

The best program I came across that lets you fly any route you want and whatever plane you want is Skypark. You are free to choose your routes and planes. It has some nice tours that are interesting to fly. Its a great program with the most flexibility while still giving you a reason to fly and a great way to explore the world. 

Not quite right. You can fly any plane you want. APL2 will only offer routes for the types of aircraft you have a license for, but nothing stops you from, say, fly an A320 route with a Cessna. You only get offered one route at a time that counts for your career, but you can also fly any other route. I just wouldn't increase your career points.

As for Skypark: IMHO, that is just a random route generator that looks pretty. It has no depth whatsoever, it doesn't even fix weights. The developer of APL2 offer a free random route generator on Simmarket. That does pretty much the same, but costs $40 less.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:25 AM, Cognita said:

You can fly any planes you hold a license for on any route in a schedule you select, from it's schedule generator component.  And ALL variants are covered under the license.  All routes will be actual routes the airline flies.  Your rating is based on how well you score each flight completed.  I find it's really a great blend of career yet pilot-focused in terms of the scoring piece.  There is ample flexibility after you've accumlated enough cash to buy your way out of flights on the accepted schedule you might not want to fly, and you can also buy ad hoc flights done by any airlines on any route that airline flies.   AH2 was a total waste as I was not interested in managing an airline company as my focus is piloting.  A very cool side effect of APL is that you will find yourself flying all sort of routes you had no idea existed, by flying for airlines you're not familiar with all over the world. I typically fly for an airline that has hired me for maybe one month, then apply for a job at another airline. Fabulous program still under active development and I heartily recommend it.  It's the most like FSCaptain from whence I came in the P3D era.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Two APLC2 questions:

1. What is the usual aircraft trajectory? ATR/CRJ/320 etc? Do they only dish out routes where there are decent aircraft addons available or am I overthinking this?

2. How many hours between each “level?” 

Thanks!