Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazzlercee_2

Ultimate Terrain X has given me the blurries............

Make sure that Indexing service is turned OFF for the drive that FSX is installed! What happened to me was that I had turned off indexing services over a year ago through add/remove program/windows components but this only turned off the indexing for my C drive...my D drive which contains FSX was left on. So following a tip I clicked my computer/drives and turned off the indexing for my D drive and fired up FSX with everything active except for minor urban roads and my load time was a normal 1-2 minutes and NO blurries instead of the 7-8 minutes it was taking to load.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

>Unfortunately my indexing services are off. Glad you found a>solution though-I will continue to search for mine.>:-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone! Since it was working so well with the 5m textures I thought I'd try out the 2m...bad move. Not only did the 2m reintroduce the slow loads but now the 5m also take 7-8 minutes! I quit! I'm going to continue to use the default roads with UTX's rivers, rails and other goodies until a permanent solution is found.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest flaflyer2

Let me tell you what happened to me. I was following a flight from New York City to Dallas in spot view. I have my settings almost all the way to the right. My New York looked great, crisp and smoothish. I had great scenery under me. I was able to see all the enhanced roads and stuff in the little towns that I was flying over. About three hours into the flight, my ground was too blurry to see anything. I could only see a blobby blue spot that would indicate a lake. Also I have asx and those clouds looked fine it was the scenery underneath. It was just horrible and I didn't touch any settings or anything. It just happened by itself. I believe that it has something to do with my memory maybe or my graphics card. I changed my graphics in UTX to 5 because it was on 1 by default. I haven't tried out a flight yet, but I'm hoping this solved the problem and I don't give up the beautiful resolution that I got used to. Just wanted to share my experience for you all. By the way is there a way of using the UTX roads without the cars that are painted on because it looks weird when cars drive over each other. Thank you for listening.

Well, this probably won't please anyone else but since I purchased UTX mostly for the rivers and streams I setup UTX without the roads..everything else is activated including the rails and I now have loading times under a minute and very minimal blurries. I created a special exclusion folder and copied all the exclusion files except the RDU road files and activated it in the scenery library and deactivated the UTX Roads and UTX exclusions. No, the default roads don't look as good but this will work until a solution to the slow loads and blurries when using UTX roads is found..

That is too bad. I really want to get UTX, especially for the roads, but after reading about the issues that you and others are experiencing, I guess i'll wait until these issues are resolved. I hope it all works out for you guys.

According to the Flight1 forum switching off virus protection software has helped some users. See if it helps.

It does appear-especially with those users of avast, that an exclude is not enough and the checker needs to be turned completely off.Not only did that take care of long load times-but blurries are gone.Makes me wonder if this is the tweak those getting blurries on sp1 should try.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Geofa is correct. It does appear to be the cause of blurries and slow load times.I never thought that a scanner would reside that much in memory... that every file input would cause a check. Like opening a file in notepad would cause a virus scanner check of the text file prior to it being opened.Something here may be touched on that may have broad, and positive, implications to many FSX users, with or without Ultimate Terrain.It seems Avast is one of the culprits.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I use ETrust AV and Firewall which comes with my Roadrunner account and always turn them off before running FSX. I use FSAutoStart to shut done the AV and other programs and manually shutdown the Firewall. I checked services.msc and no AV or firewall programs were running. I purchased Ultimate Defrag and my load times are now acceptable but still have bad blurries (looks like houses & trees floating in a sea of green jello) with UTX roads activated. Dell 8400 640(3.2GHz/800FSB) | 2GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 7600 GS

Guest JimC1702

Interesting, I use Avast! and have no load time problems at all. UTX only slightly increased my load times but nothing exceptional. And I'm running an ancient P4 2.6 with 2 gb of RAM and a 7600GT video card (AGP).Flying in rural areas I have no problems at all with UTX. I attempted flying in NYC and Boston and had a blurry mess, but it was dusk and night lights were on. I think that and the extra road traffic did me in. I switched to the 5 m textures but didn't like the look and switched back to 2. I really coldn't see a difference between 2 and 1. I think until I upgrade my computer, by UTX flying will be confined to outside of major urban areas.Jim

Guest PowderBlue

I have no Antivirus running or firewall when I fly and I still have blurries with UTX. I had no blurries at all with SP1 and now of course I have the blurries but my load times are still under 3 min.

Guest Dazzlercee_2

Funnily enough I also use Avast. I will disable/uninstall to see if it has any effect. In theory this should also help the default scenery.

Guest UlfB

>Funnily enough I also use Avast. I will disable/uninstall to>see if it has any effect. In theory this should also help the>default scenery.Hi, I have Avast and I stopped the Avast services and active Avast processes. Same fps and didn't notice any diff in loading times. Did'nt expect any differenses either. Avast is known to have a small footprint.Ulf B :-)

Hello:I believe if you will slew down to ground level, you will find that what you believe are still cars that are being driven over by other cars are patches in the road, road kills etc. I thought the same thing to start with.Good luck:RTH