Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

The Vulcan Bomber is coming to MSFS...one day, not soon...

...I love this plane, so much, miss her in the air, that howl....oh my!

Anyway;

facebook_1656485107084_69478021105853279

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I have the X-plane version and, especially in VR, and it is the most immersive cockpit modelling I have experienced to date.  And yes...I have climbed those steps into a real one. 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

I asked JF that question when they released the Arrow and they confirmed they are planning on bring over their entire in house catalogue where possible. The Vulcan will look spectacular in MSFS imho. 

• Like 4

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Amazing aircraft - I spent 30 minutes inside XM655, including sitting in the pilots seat, listening to a Vulcan pilot describe the Black Buck raids during the Falklands conflict - a complete privilege!

Distinctive howl in the video from about the 30 second mark.

• Like 10

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Oh, yes. I hope they can get the sounds spot on....  You could feel the runble through the ground you were standing on when she lifted off in the classic near vertical take off turning away.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Really looking forward to the Vulcan as and when, and if they intend to bring their entire back catalogue over, I'll also be very eager to have their Canberra PR9. 👍

13 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Oh, yes. I hope they can get the sounds spot on....  You could feel the runble through the ground you were standing on when she lifted off in the classic near vertical take off turning away.

JF reproduced  the Vulcan's 'howl' sound very nicely in the P3D version. Being from the UK, they are as steeped in the Vulcan's lore as any of us, and that's a very good thing.🙂

• Like 7

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Oh Wow that will be awesome,

In 2019 for Father's Day my son made a donation to the Vulcan ZH558 Trust and I have a certificate and my name on a plaque under the Starboard Wing. Best gift ever !

I never got to see her fly in person when I was growing up in the UK but she still has a fond place in my heart.

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

As a child, I lived on V-bomber bases such as Wyton and Gaydon, and remember the practice scrambles. The noise was incredible, and thrilling too. At the Battle of Britain Day air show at Gaydon, they decided to stage a massed take-off (well, four or five anyway). It was tipping it down, and the lead aircraft aquaplaned off the taxiway, burying it's starboard undercarriage in the grass. The others couldn't get round it, so that was the end of the airshow. 😅

• Like 3

Saw quite a few at airshows when I was in the UK many many years ago.  The low passes with the bomb bay doors open are particularly impressive. Apart from the noise, that bomb bay is MASSIVE!

I attended a couple of air shows at  Gaydon back in the day. At one of them, definitely before Health & Safety took over, the crowd were allowed quite close when the static aircraft were taxied out at the end of the day, so one of my memories was the jet blast from a Victor as it turned and taxied away from us. I'm pretty sure there was at least one Vulcan there too. Sad to say I didn't attend any of the more recent shows while XH558 was still in action.

• Like 1

Ian Box

9 hours ago, Paul K said:

As a child, I lived on V-bomber bases such as Wyton and Gaydon, and remember the practice scrambles. The noise was incredible, and thrilling too. At the Battle of Britain Day air show at Gaydon, they decided to stage a massed take-off (well, four or five anyway). It was tipping it down, and the lead aircraft aquaplaned off the taxiway, burying it's starboard undercarriage in the grass. The others couldn't get round it, so that was the end of the airshow. 😅

I was there too!  Around 1965?  It was actually a Victor that buried its u/c in the mud and yes, it was supposed to be a le mans style takeoff. But there were lots of Vulcans at the show too  🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, AJZip said:

I was there too!  Around 1965?  It was actually a Victor that buried its u/c in the mud and yes, it was supposed to be a le mans style takeoff. But there were lots of Vulcans at the show too  🙂

No, this would have been at least 2 or 3  years earlier than that. By BoB Day 1965, we were at RAF Watton, soon to be heading for Singapore and Australia.

• Like 1

My gran lived a stones-throw away from RNAS Daedalus and I'll never forget the sound of the Vulcan's engines at an airshow there when I was a slip of a lad.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

https://fselite.net/content/justflight-announces-avro-vulcan-for-msfs/

From their FB page:

A New Reveal...
So here's something new and exciting for MSFS, something we've hinted at and something we've been working on for a while now.
Our lead artist has been busy working on extensive upgrades to our iconic Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 and MRR, bringing it up to the very latest MSFS standards and taking advantage of everything a modern simulator offers us. The results shown here, we hope you agree, are simply stunning, from the incredible model and texture detail that’s now possible, to the subtle fuselage surface reflections and imperfections.
We’ve just commenced the long testing process, with a basic flight model and primary aircraft systems at this stage, so there’s plenty of work left to do, but we’re very excited by what’s been achieved so far. We’re currently focused on the F28, RJ and Tomahawk but we’ll share more news on the Vulcan in the coming months.
And the answer is 'Yes just as long as Microsoft are able to fix the current WASM issues' to those who are wondering if this will come to Xbox.

and in the comments a bit about the "howl":
we will be recording the engine sounds from XM655 at Wellesbourne, 655MaPS who look after her have given us total access from the days of the P3D build through. So the sounds will be correct, but being a 301 series airframe it is more of a roar than a howl, the howl was a 200 series feature.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

My most certain MSFS purchase yet. Gawd, this simulator is accelerating to warp speed - we'll run out of aircraft before the ten years is up. 😉

• Like 2