Sign in to follow this  
FreeBird(Josh)

Milviz 310 SP1 pre release

For anyone interested it is on there forum.  https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=238&t=13700&p=108256&hilit=310#p108256

Changelog

1. The flight model on landing has been adjusted slightly so that there's a bit
more lift on the flare and the struts are a little more flexible. This will
affect your landings slightly, making the "drop and stick" effect less severe
but it is still there and authentic to the 310's unique characteristics.

2. The elevator trim indicator is now positioned more realistically so that the
neutral (0.0) position is towards the bottom of the takeoff range, not the top of
that range. You may want to visually check its position and keep in mind
that the previous "normal" setting at the top (back) of the white takeoff marker
is now more towards the center of the white range.

3. There is a known problem with the right-hand alternator circuit breaker. Due
to an internal MSFS bug the right breaker control affects the left actual breaker.
We're unable to fix this until the sim bug is fixed. We've removed the possibility
that the right breaker can pop due to a failue, and will restore that failure
functionality once this sim bug is fixed.

Fixes and Changes in the SP1 Update
-----------------------------------

0008724: Clarified manual description of cowl flap operation.
0008839: Added an hPa window to the altimeter.
0008726: Changed autopilot engagement parameters based on user feedback.
0008725: Fixed an issue where the right magneto could not be repaired.
0008719: Fixed DME display not showing readings for DME only stations.
0008723: Fixed HSI states not being saved in owned mode.
0008748: Resolved TDS GTN750Xi conflicts with PMS50 GTN750.
0008728: Fixed post lights too dim when at max intensity.
0008757: Adjusted Emergency gear handle clickspot so accidental clicks on it are more difficult.
0008727: Fixed an issue with being unable to stow/retract alt landing gear crank.
0008732: Fixed exterior light emissives being too dim.
0008759: Eliminated the light incorrectly textured at the bottom of the nose air intake.
0008760: Corrected and adjusted dirt layers.
0008740: Fixed cowl flap handles rotating the wrong way.
0008718: Fixed altimeter warning window toggles on and off.
0008761: Removed duplicate animation group: CB_STALL_HORN.
0008767: Yoke will now move in response to inputs generated by the autopilot.
0008835: Shades state are now being saved/restored.
0008834: Fixed engine cold start delays not being functional.
0008716: DME now correctly shows readings over 100 miles.
0008870: Fixed the issue where certain circuit breakers didn't restore to a pulled state.
0008720: GTN instrument self-test now alters the HSI correctly.
0008923: Fixed wing locker doors open too much.
0008876: Added support for an ADF card adjustment knob.
0008926: Adjusted flight model to correct unrealistic flight characteristics in high angle turns.
0008928: Fixed the cause of excessive no-engine glide performance.
0008929: Electric trim on yoke is now inop with no electrical power.
0009038: CHT and oil temp gauges are now operational with battery off but engines running.
0009037: Elevator trim indicator on pedestal now aligned properly.
0009039: Airspeed indicator is now functional even with no electrical power.
0009040: Manual corrected with reference to hardware interactions with fuel pumps.
0009058: The DIF temp value on the JPI EDM is now calcualted properly.
0009052: Fixed the scrapeing metal sounds when ditching into water and removed spurious wind sounds.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

It's not official yet. They seem to want people to beta test it for them first. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I didn't know that.  So far works great and landing seems more realistic with a bit of flare.

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)
  • Like 1

To quote -  

''If you want it now, go to the support forums and get it. We do this to limit our exposure to many many complaints should something go wrong.

When it’s approved, we send out the emails.''

I'll wait for the email. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I'm definitely checking it out.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sp1 definitely fixes the carrier landings phenomenon.  You still need to carry a touch of power though...she'll get real sporty just above Vso.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Not quite, we just want to roll it out incrementally in case something major slipped past our beta team. Once bitten, twice shy. 

Should nothing come up, it'll go out to everyone else at the end of the week.

Edited by Nighthwk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nighthwk said:

Not quite, we just want to roll it out incrementally in case something major slipped past our beta team. Once bitten, twice shy. 

Should nothing come up, it'll go out to everyone else at the end of the week.

Should nothing come up from those who have downloaded it ahead of the official release. Isn't that the definition of beta testing? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:

Should nothing come up from those who have downloaded it ahead of the official release. Isn't that the definition of beta testing? 

Putting it on the forums for a few days is merely a precaution against something like a CTD that only affects users with a certain system config making it out to the wider user base. We've had it in testing for the past month internally, it's ready to go - we like to err on the side of caution, though. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nighthwk said:

Putting it on the forums for a few days is merely a precaution against something like a CTD that only affects users with a certain system config making it out to the wider user base. We've had it in testing for the past month internally, it's ready to go - we like to err on the side of caution, though. 

Thanks, I can wait a few days for the email. I promise not to complain if I then get a CTD 😉

• Like 1

" 1. The flight model on landing has been adjusted slightly so that there's a bit
more lift on the flare and the struts are a little more flexible. This will
affect your landings slightly, making the "drop and stick" effect less severe
but it is still there and authentic to the 310's unique characteristics. "

Yay! I'm cheering that the drop and stick effect is still there. I don't like lots of lift on flare. In fact the absence of said lift in Youtube videos helped convince me to buy the plane.

The 310 is all around great. But I have bought some very mediocre planes just because they don't float down the landing runway, and therefore easier handling, for my landing style.

But some people have just the opposite preferences.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

18 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Yay! I'm cheering that the drop and stick effect is still there. I don't like lots of lift on flare. In fact the absence of said lift in Youtube videos helped convince me to buy the plane.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Milviz, Airplane Heaven, Flying Iron, Wing 42 putting out great addons these days. 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

am I alone in having this problem - both the rotating beacon & the position light switches don't seem to work for me.

Both switches change to blue on mouse over & the tool tips come up - but I can't turn them on.

Any ideas please

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor