Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

How To Delete Aircraft in MSFS 2020

There are a ton of planes in MSFS that I'll never fly but are loaded. In an effort to free up some space I'd like to delete them. Any suggestions how I go about this. Thanks for any help! 

John Snyder Jr

19 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

There are a ton of planes in MSFS that I'll never fly but are loaded. In an effort to free up some space I'd like to delete them. Any suggestions how I go about this. Thanks for any help! 

Go to your Content Manager and delete them there.

Bert

TreeSize Free | JAM Software (jam-software.com)

This software does nothing and stays out of the way until you right click in a folder in Windows file explorer. Then it displays the amount of files in bytes in all those subfolders. Arranged in order of size. If you use it on your Official folder it will show you how many gigabytes in each folder. The names of the folders will tell you what the content is in that folder. 

When you go to content manager and delete stuff you will see those particular folders disappearing off the drive.  A plane. Photogrammetry for a certain city. An Airport far away. You could easily remove 40 folders of about 2 to 5 GB each folder.  100 GB or even more.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If you just delete them in file explore, MSFS will probably reinstall them. Deleting them in content manager tells MSFS that you want them gone and it shouldn't try to put them back. But they still show up in content manager as 'not installed'. So you can bring them back by just clicking on them and they will download again.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Careful, in a sense that you HAVE to reinstall them if any future world update has a bush trip/discovery flight/challenge included. You won't be able to install the world update without reinstalling the aircraft....

For example the last WU USA II needed the DA 40, I believe, which I deleted from the Content Manager. It would not let me install USA II without reinstalling the DA 40. Absolutely bonkers.....

• Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

14 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Aircraft (liveries) have a parameter "isUserSelectable" in their .cfg files. Set that to "isUserSelectable = 0" and they will disappear from the world map selection but are still present in the sim for other purposes. 

There are tools that can do that for you, like the (freeware) Lorby "MSAO" - MSFS addon organizer.

• Like 4

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Aircraft (liveries) have a parameter "isUserSelectable" in their .cfg files. Set that to "isUserSelectable = 0" and they will disappear from the world map selection but are still present in the sim for other purposes. 

There are tools that can do that for you, like the (freeware) Lorby "MSAO" - MSFS addon organizer.

Thank you very much for the tip and the tool.
Works perfectly!
👍

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

For those who are not familiar from P3D with the addon manager, this is a definite must-have! 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:48 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Says it's password protected and the password given on the webpage doesn't work for me :(

John Snyder Jr

On 6/30/2022 at 2:48 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Is MSAO working with SU10 Beta to add, delete or rearrange scenery, since the sim doesn't seem to use content.xml anymore?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White