Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

In MSFS You're Not A Person, You're A Camera

49 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

So how do people do their walkaround? Will call it dronearound from now on....

I can actually foresee a day when drones are used in real life to do the walkaround. Drones could probably make a more thorough inspection.

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

48 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I get your point that it would have an appeal.  Though for me something like that I'd lose interest in after the first couple times

Now imagine things on the outside of the plan actually braking. Like a broken fanblade, da forgotten pitot tube cover, a flat and stuff like that, where you actually have to pay attention. Sure a walkaround is pointless and boring if everything always works... but this way it would be just important as in RL. (aside from dying ofc)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I think the miscommunication here is that it seems like you're opposed to the feature existing at all, rather than simply opposed to using it yourself. It's okay not to care for a feature, it's another thing to say devs shouldn't waste their time on it because you don't care for it.

Obviously that's not entirely what you're saying, and in fact you state this in your last reply, but if you re read your earlier comments, you can see how he might have gotten that impression, and where he was coming from with his reply.

Like I wrote before : I like it to be a Flightsim and not a walkaround sim etc…

If Asobo would add those features good for you all, but I like it to be a Flightsim.

Let them fix the weather and performance first …

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Like I wrote before : I like it to be a Flightsim and not a walkaround sim etc…

If Asobo would add those features good for you all, but I like it to be a Flightsim.

Let them fix the weather and performance first …

no one here's asking for Walking Cam to be in SU10 or any time soon, it's a splendid idea that could come one day and an idea that was discussed at time of launch FYI! Of course as far as the actual Flight Simulator goes MS/Asobo still need to do a lot (not to mention fix a lot too...), that does indeed come first, but that doesn't stop a modder or a partner program to start creating a Walking World for people to enjoy.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

This community is so lost. Someone makes a very valid point and gets bashed by the grumpy ol' people. 

I for myself totally agree with the OP.

Thanks.

This community is lost because not everyone thinks the same as you do? That's your opinion. My opinion is the community would be lost is everyone had the same opinion. Lol.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

34 minutes ago, RichUK said:

Didn't Orbx have this feature? I thought they called it 'Bob' or something similar.

Yes, it is called Bob! You can walk anywhere you want in the sim! Not available for MSFS at this time.

I started the 3D modelling for Bob, but I did not have the expertise to complete the animation and had to hand it over to another ORBX team member.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/bob

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

34 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

Now imagine things on the outside of the plan actually braking. Like a broken fanblade, da forgotten pitot tube cover, a flat and stuff like that, where you actually have to pay attention. Sure a walkaround is pointless and boring if everything always works... but this way it would be just important as in RL. (aside from dying ofc)

And it would qualify as part of the simulation of flying. The only thing some people might quibble about is weather or not you need a drone or an avatar. It doesn’t hurt to have either option for me.

I hope that someday Asobo will include all modules for sailing and driving and space, that could be purchased apart from MSFS but could be combined into a unified simulation as desired. From there, developers could dream up ways to monetize it.

Edited by SimPlaneDriver
  • Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

I don't think the avatar system has been mentioned a single time by anyone in ASOBO or MS. I'm going to make a presumption here, since we're already a forth into development, that it's not part of the 10 year roadmap. I'm happy to be wrong.

This is a tangent but Jorg clarifies this 10yr plan business. Of course business can change especially over a long period however they don't plan on going anywhere . Video cued up at the long term question

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

15 minutes ago, Alvega said:

This community is lost because not everyone thinks the same as you do? That's your opinion. My opinion is the community would be lost is everyone had the same opinion. Lol.

No, its the way people react.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

42 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I can actually foresee a day when drones are used in real life to do the walkaround. Drones could probably make a more thorough inspection.

Actually we plan to use drones to check the fence around the airport in the near future. 

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

8 minutes ago, joec63 said:

This is a tangent but Jorg clarifies this 10yr plan business. Of course business can change especially over a long period however they don't plan on going anywhere . Video cued up at the long term question

Very cool listen! MSFS audience is up 400%! First person walk arounds in the sim will likely come! Jorg touched on helicopters doing things! How would you like to fly a Sikorsky crane heli and hoist large structures into place. I have seen the Sikorsky crane over the Ford Oakville assembly plant twice in recent years and that is so cool to see.

• Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

This is something I thought wasn't a big deal until I got the Hot Start CL650.  It really does add to the immersion.  Having this along side the A2A style preflight checks would be awesome.

• Like 1

Brian W

KPAE

lol ,'over the top' emotive thread titles usually degrade.

How about " would this a good feature for msfs2020 at some point, as it exists already in some computer games" instead.

I love the drone cam, and I'd also really like to see P3D-like avatars in MSFS. Forget BOB, that was basically just an invisible sled and never did play well with the likes of kerbs or gradients.

Just don't let MS bring back that talking paper-clip!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

4 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

lol ,'over the top' emotive thread titles usually degrade.

How about " would this a good feature for msfs2020 at some point, as it exists already in some computer games" instead.

I'm just impressed that "you're" was spelt correctly...