Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Can animals communicate telepathically?

I've noticed this before.  One of our four cats will be in the living room and come up to my chair and beg for a Temptations treat.  I'll give him or her one and soon the other three cats appear from other rooms or even from outside and gather by the chair wanting their treat.

I think I've noticed this on nature shows where cats are hunting as a team and the chase cat seems to be able to tell the other cat or cats where to head off the one in the herd she's going to cut off.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

They're probably more sensible to odors too, yet, just as with humans ( the mnost dangerous species on Earth ) I do believe telepatic commnication happens with other species...

It's probably very simple to explain from a radio-magnetic pov. Our brain activity can probably "propagate" beyond the strict fronteers of our skull  and involving tissues, and reach other brains, probably further away than we presently are aware of.

Animals are also sensible to spectral wavelengths.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I do believe telepatic commnication happens with other species...

I'm not sure "believe" is appropriate as there's no definitive evidence. We don't know for sure though and there has been some fascinating experiments, with random number generators and other experiments that raise an eyebrow. 

In one experiment naughty pictures were shown to volunteers (I'd like to be part of that experiment) and electrodes on their heads monitored brain waves. More often than chance, brain waves in response were detected BEFORE the naughty pictures arrived suggesting some form of precognition. Again though, not definitive, more research would need to be done and results replicated. Fascinating though. 

In another expeinet random number generators were dotted around the US and behaviour monitored. Just before 911 there was a massive spike. Very mysterious.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, birdguy said:

I've noticed this before.  One of our four cats will be in the living room and come up to my chair and beg for a Temptations treat.  I'll give him or her one and soon the other three cats appear from other rooms or even from outside and gather by the chair wanting their treat

A cats sense of smell is amazing. They have 200 million receptors in their noses, we have a mere 5 million. A cat would smell those treats easily. Hearing is better than ours too, and just the sound of the bag that you wouldn't notice would alert them.

My cat will sleep in the hall, and when my daughter knocks on the door he isn't perturbed, as soon as someone other than me or my daughter knocks on the door he knows immediately and seeks cover. Smell, sound, one or both alerts him. 

Telepathy has been studied and some studies have been tantalising and many very negative, so we really don't know for sure, but I wouldn't bet your house on it being real.

Will be real with technology sooner than you think though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Our brain activity can probably "propagate" beyond the strict fronteers of our skull 

No evidence though. No such emissions have been detected. It would have to be some form of emission that's unknown to science and not possible for us to detect. 

• Like 2

so, do we need kitty's in the cockpit .....

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

What about wild cats like lions and cheetahs?

When they hunt in a group they seem to communicate somehow to identify the target and then work together to bring it down.  I have seen cheetahs working together like that on nature shows on television.  The cat running alongside the herd seems to know which animal the chasing cheetah is going to cut out of the herd and then the one on the side brings it down.  Is it just instinct or do they communicate like a squad of soldiers sneaking up on an enemy position using hand signals?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

15 hours ago, martin-w said:

n another expeinet random number generators were dotted around the US and behaviour monitored. Just before 911 there was a massive spike. Very mysterious.

What are you talking about here?  out of curiosity.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

9 hours ago, birdguy said:

Is it just instinct or do they communicate like a squad of soldiers sneaking up on an enemy position using hand signals?

maybe tehy learn each others mannerisms and behaviors like people do/can -- especially in a heightened sensory environment.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

One of my clients said recently imagine if the trees could network? I first I rolled my eyes thinking 'tree hugger' but he went on to say how trees roots do join each other, and if there was a forest fire miles away could they send a message through the root network, or if you build a road through a forest you disconnect that network when you cut those trees down, they can no longer network with the trees on the other side

Anyhow, I didn't buy into this theory but it does make you think, if organic life could communicate through their roots that would make one massive organic internet network

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Trees communicate with each through their root systems over great distances. They use the same neurotransmitter that we use in our brains in addition to using fungi as a bridge.

After reading this book, I’ve never looked at trees the same way. I had no idea.

https://suzannesimard.com/finding-the-mother-tree-book/

Happy reading,

Mark

9 hours ago, sightseer said:

What are you talking about here?  out of curiosity.

https://bluewatercredit.com/random-event-generators-predict-911-attacks-world-events-tune-princetons-global-consciousness-project-find/

Sounds extremely far-fetched, right – or something that we’d expect from Berkeley, not Princeton? I’m certainly didn’t major in statistics in college, but the GCP claims their hypothesis has been supported by over 300 registered world events and 15 years of random data.

Incredibly, the GCP claims there was an unexplainable spike in non-random activity four hours before the terrorist attacks on 9/11, at the exact same time the planes hit and the towers collapsed that day, and over the next two days before it settled back down to normal. Did the energy our mass consciousness emitted cause blips in the random nature of numbers enough that they actually predicted 9/11? With the Indian Ocean tsunami, the data started “freaking out” 24 hours before the storm hit. And these Princeton EGGs also predicted the bombing of the American Embassy in Africa in August 1998, responded to Princess Di’s death and her funeral, soccer’s World Cup, and many more events.

Has been disputed though. Essentially, what they seem to have done is look for spikes in their data, and then search around the globe for something that coincides. I could wait for my cat to yawn and then search the internet for something that happened simultaneously and claim my cats yawns are significant. Correlation is not causation. 

Certainly, critics of the hypothesis and GCP have had easy target practice. They point out that the way the data is collected and analyzed is flawed, and essentially these researchers are looking for statistical anomalies and THEN assigning them to a coincidental world event. They say that there’s no proof of some sort of field of human consciousness around the globe that can bend spoons, a real life Star Wars-like force. The New York Times went so far as to state in a 2003 article that, “All things considered at this point, the stock market seems a more reliable gauge of the national—if not the global—emotional resonance.”

6 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

said recently imagine if the trees could network?

They kind of do. Trees communicate with other trees of the same species through their "mycorrhizal network". They send  signals in times of stress and share nutrients. Its not sentience though and not cognition, its a primitive survival mechanism evolution has granted them.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, birdguy said:

What about wild cats like lions and cheetahs?

When they hunt in a group they seem to communicate somehow to identify the target and then work together to bring it down.

Nothing extraordinary going on there. Big cats do work in teams, lions for example. Cats aren't stupid, they are perfectly capable of adopting effective techniques to kill prey. Instinct and brain power. I've seen lions drive prey in a particular direction for another lion waiting to ambush, but nothing mysterious. They aren't communicating with some telepathic link, its a pre conceived, practiced plan. 

Out here we have aspen tree groves.  They share a common root system.  Since they are living things it seems possible they can communicate with each other or at least collectively.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Upvote 1