Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

iniBuilds A310 new update/screenshot

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

Yes, I'd like the freighter too - in fact, I would prefer it. Still, free is free, and I'm looking forward to the 310, whining complaining passengers notwithstanding. 🙂

I emailed ini a few months ago asking if they would be bringing the A300 to MSFS after the A310 and they said that is the plan, which I would assume would include the freighter. Not sure if the partnership with Microsoft changed anything though

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 3

If it's not already included in the MS deal, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell it as an addon to the stock plane.

Edited by rka
couldn't>wouldn't
  • Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

If there is a risk to the the fidelity of this A310 I don't think it would be iniBuilds dumbing things down by choice but rather MS insisting systems be simplified in order not to "scare off" less experienced simmers.

I'm hoping of course that's not going to be the case.

10 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

If there is a risk to the the fidelity of this A310 I don't think it would be iniBuilds dumbing things down by choice but rather MS insisting systems be simplified in order not to "scare off" less experienced simmers.

Why would they insist that? Do you have anything to back up this claim or are you just fantasising as you go?

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

22 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm hoping of course that's not going to be the case.

Clueless accusation. This is not a Aerosoft company we are talking about.

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Even if MS actually wanted to have simplified aircrafts/systems/scenarios to not "scare off" less experienced simmers (which of course doesn't make sense at all, and unless they specifically state that it's all conjecture at best)... but even if this was the case, there are various other aircrafts/etc in the core product already that are "simple" for the less experienced to be supposedly not scared off by.

What is a fact is that MS/Asbo have clearly stated their intention with the 40th anniversary edition onwards is to provide high fidelity aircrafts in the core sim, and have put money where their mouths are to contract expert developers like iniBuilds and Milviz to do this. So there's that... Secondly, no way will a development house like iniBuilds agree to do this, and put its name on a product that's intentionally scaled back at the behest of MS lol. And by all what iniBuilds are saying we can expect to have a better A310 than their previous offerings in various aspects.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Guys, chill. He's neither making a claim nor an accusation. Notice the word "if" denoting a hypothetical scenario...

I believe Jorg has said it's going to be for the "hardcore" simmers anyway. No need to go at each other.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Guys, chill. He's neither making a claim nor an accusation. Notice the word "if" denoting a hypothetical scenario...

Really? That ’if’ struck me as disingenous FUD to be honest. Such as the low effort tr0ll at the beginning of the thread. 

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

7 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Really? That ’if’ struck me as disingenous FUD to be honest. Such as the low effort tr0ll at the beginning of the thread. 

LOL, you should try readin what i actually written not what you think (wish ?) has been written.

It was a direct response to the suggestions in the thread that ini might be dumbing down the A310.

27 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Even if MS actually wanted to have simplified aircrafts/systems/scenarios to not "scare off" less experienced simmers (which of course doesn't make sense at all, and unless they specifically state that it's all the conjecture at best)... but even if this was the case, there are various other aircrafts/etc in the core product already that are "simple" for the less experienced to be supposedly not scared off by.

What is a fact is that MS/Asbo have clearly stated their intention with the 40th anniversary edition onwards is to provide high fidelity aircrafts in the core sim, and have put money where their mouths are to contract expert developers like iniBuilds and Milviz to do this. So there's that... Secondly, no way will a development house like iniBuilds agree to do this, and put its name on a product that's intentionally scaled back at the behest of MS lol. And by all what iniBuilds are saying we can expect to have a better A310 than their previous offerings in various aspects.

Thing is MS has made MSFS a huge success by marketting it to as wide an audience as possible but a plane as complex as the A310 would not be accessible to all players unless they are willing to invest significant time in learning the systems.

If MS want to embrace that I'm very happy but I'm not entirely convinced they fully understand the possible implications of this.

Edited by Matchstick

I will love to get my hands on the A310, but saying they plan to bring the A300 to MSFS as well is music to my ears.  My first ever flight was on an Air France A300, LHR to Paris CDG, so I have a soft spot for them.
I think it was an old B2 of B4 version as well - one of the early ones.  I was amazed we did it in about 35 minutes.  They had to rush to get the coffee round!  :laugh:

• Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, Matchstick said:

Thing is MS has made MSFS a huge success by markettin it to as wide an audience as possible but a plane as complex as the A310 would not be accessible to all players unless they are willing to invest significant time in learning the systems.

If MS want to embrace that I'm very happy but I'm not entirely convinced they fully understand the possible implications of this.

And here you, beyond any reasonable doubt, prove my comment about your 'if' as disingenuous. 

Richard

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

And here you, beyond any reasonable doubt, prove my comment about your 'if' as disingenuous. 

In that case I can only beg you to block my posts as you seem to be completely missing them (or obcessively insulted by any suggestion MS or Asobo might do something wrong).

In either case then my posts are not for you.

Such is life.

Edited by Matchstick

11 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

In that case I can only beg you to block my posts as you seem to be completely missing them (or obcessively insulted by any suggestion MS or Asobo might do something wrong).

In either case then my posts are not for you.

I am not missing anything from your posts. They are quite transparent, especially as you are now fighting straw men trying to denigrate me as 'obsessively insulted' by you pontificating about MS wanting to make Arcade-level-products. I have never claimed Asobo or MS to be perfect. Quite the contrary; and I have absolutely no love for MS as a company and would ditch them in a heartbeat if all the software I use could be found on other platforms. 

I will, however, keep pointing out blatantly obvious fantasies when I see them. 

Richard

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

I am not missing anything from your posts. They are quite transparent, especially as you are now fighting straw men trying to denigrate me as 'obsessively insulted' by you pontificating about MS wanting to make Arcade-level-products. I have never claimed Asobo or MS to be perfect. Quite the contrary; and I have absolutely no love for MS as a company and would ditch them in a heartbeat if all the software I use could be found on other platforms. 

I will, however, keep pointing out blatantly obvious fantasies when I see them. 

Since when does "marketting it to as wide an audience as possible" = Arcade Level.

Hell I advocate for mid-fidelity tubeliners that are accessible to as many as possible in order to help newer players appreciate the possibilities - go see my posts supporting the upcoming JF 757 when other were complaining it wasn't as complex as possible

But it's also undeniable that MS have never released a complex high fidelity airliner as part of the core product and I personally struggle to see how they can make one accessible to a mass audience.

If they aren't intending for this product to be easily accessible to the mass audience that's great, but everything MS has done so far has courted that mass audience so going that way would be a significant shift to their current policy

• Like 1