Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

ATC stuck on the ground

VFR from Oakland and ATC just seemed to get stuck. Kept telling me to hold taxi position for other traffic, but I could never see the other traffic. Anyone else have the same problem? Is there a solution?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

>VFR from Oakland and ATC just seemed to get stuck. Kept>telling me to hold taxi position for other traffic, but I>could never see the other traffic. Anyone else have the same>problem? Is there a solution?If you have airport ground traffic active, ATC will make you hold for that also, usually referred to as "other traffic". I never seen it get stick though, but you may have been in an area where it went around in circles never giving you clearance. Try and disable it to see if that helps. ATC should give you clearance over ground traffic, but FS doesn't work that way!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest radivil

About an an hour ago, I landed at Denver and was told to hold for traffic right after I got off the runway. I had to wait for three 737s to taxi by, even though the first was so far off it was hiding behind a building. But all three were already on track to taxi down the same taxiway I was. They all just happened to be on the same route I'd be given, but just really far off. I think it took a good 15 minutes of waiting. But after I looked at it in top down view to see what was going on, it all made sense, even if it was annoying.A few weeks ago, I got stuck holding short at Charlotte for a good hour while other planes kept being spaced just right to never let me go. And all the ones waiting behind me kept vanishing to the mysterious teleportation departure procedure only AI aircraft can fly.

If that would happen to me I would look outside if there really was a plane nearby and if there wasn't... I would just ignore ATC and move on. No one is going to punish you for it. ;)

Guest radivil

>If that would happen to me I would look outside if there>really was a plane nearby and if there wasn't... I would just>ignore ATC and move on. No one is going to punish you for it.>;)Every time I did look, it was just in time to see the landing lights coming down through the clouds. There was a very low ceiling, maybe 1500 if that, due to a thunderstorm. Eventually I did just taxi out onto the runway in the hopes that my presence on the runway would force an inbound aircraft to go around, and thusly grant me the space I needed to take off. And that's exactly what happened.It wasn't too bad. I listened to the rain and thunder and it was relaxing.

Here are 2 pictures of a complete block while taxiing.I'm the one in the Mooney Bravo.http://users.telenet.be/lange/images/ATW/atw_48-09a.jpgIn the above picture, ATC told the Learjet on the left to hold short to let me pass. Big problem, because ATC told me to turn to the left here. But the Learjet blocks my route so no left turn possible.http://users.telenet.be/lange/images/ATW/atw_48-09b.jpgFurthermore, the 737 on the above picture is put on hold until i turn to the left (which is blocked by the Learjet)In the end, nobody did go anywhere until FSX decided to teletransport the Learjet into oblivian. I could then continue taxiing and the 737 got clearance as soon as i turned left. Which didn't help much because seconds later he was also flying through the teleport.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

That's what I usially do to when I'm taxiing to the gate across the active runway, when there are a lot of planes waiting to takeoff. After the first one takes off, I cross without ATC's graces, but once past, ATC says in it's own way Ok you can go!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d