Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Milviz to create B737-200

Milviz have just been running a quick competition on their discord offering a prize to the first person to guess one of their future aircraft and the correct answer turns out to be the Boeing 737-200.

No more details yet and considering how many planes Milviz have planned already I'm not expecting to see this any time soon.

spacer.png

• Like 9

That would be sweet! 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

What would be the point? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

That would be sweet! 

Absolutely, it's a plane from an interesting era and if they do it right it could be pretty amazing (the XP version is great).

Be very interesting to see if implement something like a CIVA INS system for it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What would be the point? 

Do you mean what is point in creating the 737-200 in general ?

If so it's a late 60s aircraft and a very very different kind of beast to the 737-300 let alone the 737NGs PMDG are creating.

In age (and style of flying - arguably) it's closer to the DC-6 than the 737-700 

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Absolutely, it's a plane from an interesting era and if they do it right it could be pretty amazing (the XP version is great).

Be very interesting to see if implement something like a CIVA INS system for it.

Ooh, love the CIVA INS. I would like that for sure. And I have always had a really soft spot for those cigar shaped engines and the retro British Airways livery. 

If someone would do the 727 next I would be set for life more or less.. 😉

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

4 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

And I have always had a really soft spot for those cigar shaped engines

Definitely. There's something way more aesthetically pleasing about low-bypass turbofans.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What would be the point? 

One of the most iconic airliners with a steam gauge cockpit, how can you not see the point?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

3 minutes ago, pstrub said:

One of the most iconic airliners with a steam gauge cockpit, how can you not see the point?

No. I got my license on steam gauged aircraft, and that was was almost a half century ago. I've moved on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

No. I got my license on steam gauged aircraft, and that was was almost a half century ago. I've moved on. 

Yeah, but I guess that wasn't the gorgeous 732, though.. 😉

• Like 5

Richard

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Having as wide a variety of good quality aircraft as possible in order suit as many different tastes as possible is a good thing for the sim.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some of us have never been in aviation and love getting to "fly" old stuff that we've never experienced. I, for one, welcome it!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Everybody has different tastes.  I feel like I've waited SO long for milviz to release something that aligned to my tastes.  I await this one and the ATR with open arms.  

• Like 8

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Great, you don't have to purchase the plane then. Others will like it, though. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What would be the point? 

Same point as the PMDG DC6, the mad dog, or any other historical aircraft.

When I saw 737-200 I had an immediate flash back to getting a free pack of playing cards on Delta Airlines - ahhhh... those were the days. I wonder if they'll simulate haze in the passenger cabin from everyone smoking.

It would actually be interesting to go back and forth between a 737-200 and an 800 too see how far things have progressed.

Purchased a sealed deck of 1970s Delta Airlines 'Chicago' promotional playing  cards. Here's what they look like. : r/chicago

• Like 3