Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Milviz to create B737-200

The Boeing 737: The Original, Classic, NG And MAX - What's The Difference?

https://simpleflying.com/boeing-737-differences/

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What would be the point? 

In a recent post you stated you would never fly a jetliner. "Following the red track line on the ND is so boring". Now you are flying the Fenix 🙄

Edited by Beagle12
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I'd say what would be the point in buying it since from the moment Milviz released the 737-200 which was a great release. I'd still say it was the best thing they ever did! But if you wanted it working properly you always had to be on the previous version of the sim or run both the previous version and current version. Look even now the Milviz 737-200 which I loved and still believe was the most fun to fly is still only compatible with P3D V4. I do still have P3D V5 on my system for nostalgia but V4, no way! Anyway its not news. Milviz said on their own forum in the 737-200 section probably over a year they would update it for MSFS. No doubt a month after they release it, an MSFS update will make it incompatible and we'll get an update a week before the next MSFS update makes it incompatible again.

• Like 1

Yes!!!!!!

• Like 4

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Hate to burst yall’s bubble but the -200 isnt that far off from the NGs. If you take out the avionics, the main systems are the same. 

Yep, aside from the avionics, twice the cargo capacity, 40% more passenger capacity, 40% more length, 40% wider wing span, 60% more thrust, 4,000 foot higher ceiling, twice the range, completely different engines, the invention of GPS, 30 years worth of computer and automation development, and different materials, they are nearly identical.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

In a recent post you stated you would never fly a jetliner. "Following the red track line on the ND is so boring". Now you are flying the Fenix 🙄

it's green!

• Like 1

Would be great to see this AC in MSFS.

Like those classic on's..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I would love to have a 737-200 for MSFS.  Hopefully the soundtrack will be just as awesome!

I remember being in HNL back in the day when some of the terminals had some open air areas and a 737-200 did a 180 turn around from its parking spot.  The sound those JT8D's made was absolutely awesome! 

Hopefully we could get a 737-100 as well even though not many of those were ever made.  That way we can have a complete 737 package for MSFS.  Heck hopefully we get a 727 (both 100 and 200) soon!

I could have sworn Milviz announced a 737-200 for MSFS shortly after MSFS came out.  Maybe I am just imagining things?  If so then its nothing new! 

Just now, longhaul747 said:

I would love to have a 737-200 for MSFS.  Hopefully the soundtrack will be just as awesome!

I could have sworn Milviz announced a 737-200 for MSFS shortly after MSFS came out.  Maybe I am just imagining things?  If so then its nothing new! 

Nolinor was super generous and gracious and allowed us full on access to the plane AND, even started it up, did a full flaps, spoiler, slat, engine check, including reversers...  We recorded EVERYTHING....

Yes, this was announced about a year ago now but we were unable to use the SDK to proceed... now, however, with much more experience in hand, we're pretty confident we can do this to our level of quality.  Nuff said for now.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

10 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Nolinor was super generous and gracious and allowed us full on access to the plane AND, even started it up, did a full flaps, spoiler, slat, engine check, including reversers...  We recorded EVERYTHING....

Yes, this was announced about a year ago now but we were unable to use the SDK to proceed... now, however, with much more experience in hand, we're pretty confident we can do this to our level of quality.  Nuff said for now.

Wow that is pretty cool Nolinor gave you access and you recorded EVERYTHING!

The JT8D's especially the older generation versions like on the 732 sound amazing.  Hopefully Asobo opens up the sound capabilities in a future patch by the time a Milviz 737-200 comes along since (at least on my system) seems a bit weak to truly capture the sound of the JT8D engines.  I got a Klipsch THX certified speaker system on my PC with duel 8 inch subs and just about everything in MSFS sounds a bit flat so far.  However the PMDG 73G manages to capture earth shaking bass when the engines are pulled back to idle and just off idle.  It shakes my walls so some amazing sound affects are possible with the current sound engine in MSFS. 

I am pretty sure I heard Asobo say the sound engine is deliberately toned down currently but as they get the program running more effiecient they will open up the sound pallet.  It was a while ago so who knows what is going on with it?  

Another interesting 737-200 is they came in a wide range of options.  About 20 years ago I flew on an America West 737-200 from PHX to SAT.  This particular bird was originally with Ansett Australia.  It has the highest gross weight and an extra fuel tank.  The pilots told me this particular 737-200 could fly over 3000nm non stop.  However at the time the extra tank had been plugged since America West only used it on shorter flights.  So having some customization's available would be super cool!

5 hours ago, enright said:

Yep, aside from the avionics, twice the cargo capacity, 40% more passenger capacity, 40% more length, 40% wider wing span, 60% more thrust, 4,000 foot higher ceiling, twice the range, completely different engines, the invention of GPS, 30 years worth of computer and automation development, and different materials, they are nearly identical.

All variants of the 737 are under the same FAA Type Certificate TCDS No. A16WE, from -100 all the way to -9.
If the Feds think it's the same aircraft after 55 years, then it must be! 🙃

9 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

The -200 was a great aircraft, known affectionately at my company as the "mud hen".  With gravel kits, she served all of the arctic and southeast Alaska (including Dutch Harbor) at a time when half those airports were gravel.  With obviously no PBN capabilities (and preceding their existence), this airplane flew published NDB approaches with charted visual segments that involved hopscotching from marine navigation bouy to bouy, following channels through terrain to said gravel runways in low vis.

I think the -200 is going to be my first 737 for MSFS, it's got character and a ruggedness about it.
Looking forward to this and the ATR.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Whilst likely not my choice with steam guages, i'll certainly give it consideration when launched. But what's great about this is the diversity of aircaft that are now coming to Msfs. I would think this aircraft will appeal to alot of folk who want to experiance the golden age of commercial aviation.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I am glad that Milviz looks into it. But this means a significant overhaul of the bird they had in the older sim. I bought and remember her with very mixed feelings  : the A/P made her wobble along the trajectory to follow a radial under a high altitude crosswind among other weird FDE things and the cockpit wear & tear was ludicrous.   

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam