Sign in to follow this  
ashigar

How do you do it?

Hello,Fellows I know this has pushed forward before, but how do "you" taxi comfortably in FSX? I found that there is something with differential breaking where in my case, a little touch on brakes to slow down will completely put the parking brakes on. Sometimes I need 80% thrust N1 while the aircraft is still sitting there until, I set and re-release parking brake. Then the aircraft will jump forward at faster speed till I hit on "dif" brakes for "De javu" all over again. Is anybody out there that knows a better way of doing this easily as it was in the "Mod" FS9 SIM1.DLL? ThnxGus

Guest rmce

I just use Evo stick with throttles, no problem. Get the heavy moving, keep enough to maintain 20-30mph, use brakes to slow/stop.Honest, I am having no problems at all.Rest of Evo stick is meaningless, and I cannot find 'mod' that will make it work as in Fs9.

Guest RonB49

Hi Gus,What are you using for differential brakes? Do you have rudder pedals with toe brakes? If so, then make sure that the Reverse Axis box is checked for each toe brake on your axis assignments page.R-

>Hi Gus,>>What are you using for differential brakes? Do you have>rudder pedals with toe brakes? If so, then make sure that the>Reverse Axis box is checked for each toe brake on your axis>assignments page.>>R-Ron,I use Saitek X45 (Combo)as controller and throttle. I use CH product USB PRO pedals as rudder. The same combination worked flawlessly in FS9 (for almost 4-years) especially with the modified SIM1.DLL file. These are well calibrated in both FSX and with FSUIPC current versions (4.11). I cannot taxi any aircraft in FSX period. The friction in FSX is acting as parking brake (at least for me)and it's even worse on roll-out with autobrakes set at standard 2. It cames to a complete stop with just a little pressure on brakes. I "care less" for default aircrafts and was thinking it was due to that, but when I experienced the same and even worse in LVD 767 which I have to at times taxi at 25-26 KTS to get it moving; I knew there is a problem. ThnxGus

Gus you can change the individual ammount of braking effect in each aircrafts' "aircraft.cfg" file. Look for:-{brakes} (the brackets here are supposed to be the square thingies)parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake availabletoe_brakes_scale = 1.0 //Brake scalarauto_brakes = 0regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest bass299

To control speed I use the brilliant little Groundhandling gauge by Dave Nunez, and (since I broke my good stick) the numpad 0/5/Enter keys to steer. It works great!The gauge is in the FSX Gauges library section here (not sure how to post a link).Chris

>Gus you can change the individual ammount of braking effect>in each aircrafts' "aircraft.cfg" file. Look for:->>{brakes} (the brackets here are supposed to be>the square thingies)>>parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available>toe_brakes_scale = 1.0 //Brake scalar>auto_brakes = 0>>regards,Paul,I will give your suggestion a try and let you know. ThnxGus