Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Recommendation - Best Wide Screen Monitor for MS2020

Community,

So many options out there these days. Looking for a quality monitor at around $500-$600 USD.

Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated.

Tim

I have a 3-display wrap-around set-up.  Sort of unique as I can switch them among two PCs depending on my work/play.  Originally,  they were all 1080ps but I was slowly swapping them out to go 1440.  I thought upgrading to 4K was overkill for me as I am like 20-24" from the display and after upgrading I am completely happy with the resolution in sharpness.  I haven't even made any adjustments to it.  Straight default display settings.  Blacks are super black and brightness, if needed, is there.

I bought this: LG 27GP850-B Ultragear Gaming Monitor 27” QHD (2560 x 1440) Nano IPS Display, 1ms Response Tim, 165Hz Refresh Rate, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, AMD FreeSync Premium, Tilt/Height/Pivot Adjustable Stand.

I used to have all ASUS's in the 1080 but I bought a 1440 ASUS but was dissapointed with the picture and decided to try an LG.  As said, above very happy with the results.

Price was around $390 I think.  Now that I have upgraded my GPU to a 3080Ti it might be time to swap out the remaining two to 1440 which will put me around 4K total in resolution if I stretch out MSFS (or P3D) across the three.  I think the 3080ti will be able to handle (which is also why I did not go for 4K units).  That brings the viewing angle  just beyond what I can see/detect when looking straight ahead.  A true immersion experience.

So I would say take a look at this one to get ya started.  I think there are a few models above it if you want more.

Now I am thinking if my 3080ti holds up on this setup I may go with one of those ultra-wide displays.  I saw a micro-LED 4K (or was it 1440?), that's around a grand. We'll see.  Good luck on your search.

Ooops, I see you wanted a wide-screen display so this may be all for not, ha!

Edited by Clutch Cargo

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit