Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Favorite places to fly...

After staring myself blind on detail tiles in the Seattle area, I've decided to go revisit some of my favorite places in FS9.Today was Honolulu Int airport and the island of Oahu... absolutely gorgeous and no going back to FS9 here !Next, I'm going to have a look at the Alps... : - )Others??

Bert

St. Thomas Virgin Islands is nice. IMO

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest abulaafia

VHHHYSSY==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

I like to fly it Yakutat (PAYA), Unalaska(PADU), Krassel USFS (24K), and Warren USFS (3U1). I also like to fly at the FSX Timberline Lodge scenery available at www.munchbros.com or search for it on google (OTLL) and last but not least the FSX Glacier Park Scenery available here at Avsim (Babb, 49S I think). My favorite for the moment is probably Krassel USFS.Here are some shots I took near Krassel (I put the campsite there with the FSX SDK): http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173626.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173627.jpg

. . still anywhere on the West Coast, Bert! It's all good.Ocasionally over to KSLC and then Denver.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Geneva, Switzerland is very nice. Look out for the big water fountain (the Jet d'eau) at the Geneva end of the lake. Then fly along the lake, or through the valleys in the mountains to the south. Pretty stunning scenery with or without TileProxy.Colin

Answering my own question... Flying south from Zurich, first to Lucerne, then over the Gotthardt Pass... really impressive !:-)

Bert

From Bodo to Bergen in Norway (with Norway Scenic X) with a bunch of friends in multiplayer, in Iris F-14s, flying 15 feet over the incredibly rugged coast at 650 knots. ;)Bliss.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest radivil

Its not very pretty or even very well done, but I find myself flying a lot around Pensacola Florida.Pensacola Regional (KPNS) is a decently sized airport. Not too busy but there's plenty of other traffic around. Small and mid-sized airliners frequent it but its big enough that you could fly a 757 out of there and not be out of place (Delta flies 757s out of there with some regularity). Its fairly close to some major airports like Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami. It also has a wide variety of available approaches. Pretty much everything except an offset localizer.Right south of that is Naval Air Station Pensacola, where the Navy does mountains of training for the new pilots. There's also Saufley and Whiting in the immediate area, where the Navy also trains. With the three, there's plenty of space to practice taking off, navigating, and landing. And Eglin and Tyndall aren't far either.

looks like FSX is good for VFR, not for the big boys.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>looks like FSX is good for VFR, not for the big boys.Well, if it's any consolation to you, I fly some pretty big iron in FSX.Been flying KMIA-->MPTO and KMIA-->MGGT lately in A320 and CRJ using IAP's, STAR arrivals. Just did the arc DME approach to MGGT and it was way cool jr.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB