Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

StreamDeck XL profiles to Regular StreamDeck

I’ve just ordered a StreamDeck but the 5x3 regular sized one. I have next to no knowledge about programming them but I was looking on Flightsim.to today and noticed there are a few XL profiles (32 button?) about and was wondering if it’s easy to either “downscale” the larger profile or pick and choose the events I want from the larger XL profile and plug them into the smaller SD device?

WAT1036.png

On the AxisAndOhs website you will find an Editor app for StreamDeck profiles. You first download and install the profiles from the .to site (this works even when you have the smaller device - or no StreamDeck at all...), then you can use the editor app to rearrange the actions from the 32 button profiles onto the smaller device.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Since there's no practical limit to the number of pages you can have on the Stream Deck, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do that.  Can't speak for AxisAndOhs since I'm using SPAD.next, but it is really easy to set things up and move them around.  A little tedious, but that's just the nature of the beast.  The payoff is certainly worth the effort, though.

Richard P. Kelly

2 hours ago, untoweechja said:

Since there's no practical limit to the number of pages you can have on the Stream Deck, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do that.  Can't speak for AxisAndOhs since I'm using SPAD.next, but it is really easy to set things up and move them around.  A little tedious, but that's just the nature of the beast.  The payoff is certainly worth the effort, though.

The issue here is that you cannot convert large profiles into small ones with the Elgato software itself. When you import a 32 button profile into the Elgato software and you only have the 15 button device attached, you cannot access the actions that are located beyond the physical limits of your current hardware. The software will not display them, it shows only the 15 actions in the top left corner (=those that fit on your device).

That is what the separate (freeware) Lorby StreamDeckEditor is for. It has nothing to do with AxisAndOhs.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

What I intended to say is that there is no inherit limitation to Stream Deck itself that would prohibit a user to convert one profile to another, meaning 'you can only have [x] number of pages regardless of what editor/software you're using.'

Not touting SPAD.next over AxisAndOhs, either.  I just happened to be invested in the former before I became aware of the latter.  

Richard P. Kelly