Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Bijan's Seasons

Is there anything new with respect to Bijan's Seasons? It's been quite a while since ver 7.2 was released and I haven't noticed any chatter.

Tom

He posted this in his Discord on the 17th

Tc0mQSR.png

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I'm guessing it's to do with the Ukraine war.

40 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm guessing it's to do with the Ukraine war.

Except for he's living in the US and is half Iranian...

• Upvote 4

His "update" already suggest he's not going work any further on this, except on bug fixing. Originally he was going to be away for two months, now it's four. I'd consider his update more of a "please don't stop buying my product" than a "Development will pick up where it left". It's a risk everyone takes when working with one-person-devs, so I'm good with it. I'm bit more angered about BMW, who is happily keeping on selling new stuff on Simmarket and the Marketplace and completely shut out his subscribers, but not too much, because I still got a lot of great airports out of it which are mostly still working well.

• Upvote 1

Upgrading it to be better than it is will take a lot of imagination and effort.  One of the best MSFS addons to date IMO.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Maybe he got contracted by MS to help Asobo with the seasons 😆

Ok, I don't really believe this, but who knows!? At least I wouldn't rule it out...

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I believe he is back in his homeland Iran, having lost a couple of close relatives to covid and dealing with estate affairs. He has indicated in April that he will be back in a few months.

His seasons mod is brilliant, poor chap been through a tough time and stuff happens and when it does modding for a computer game isn't a priority. He'll be back when he's ready.

• Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Didn't know he's going through a tough time. I wish him all the best, he's always been helpful when there was a request about his mods, and they're among the best add-ons for MSFS. Nothing to fix here, his add-ons just work.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Here I am very happy with the current 4 seasons. I am enjoying all flights and the trees look very good.

He has pushed out many updates and the current version works very well.

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

45 minutes ago, MarcG said:

His seasons mod is brilliant, poor chap been through a tough time and stuff happens and when it does modding for a computer game isn't a priority. He'll be back when he's ready.

He's not modding, he's selling a product. Don't make it sound like it was freeware, because it's not.

• Upvote 1

He's a good guy in my estimation. Hope things are well with him. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

He's not modding, he's selling a product. Don't make it sound like it was freeware, because it's not.

So what? Real life issues come first, or would you rather he ignored his family and updated his product especially for you!? 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

So what? Real life issues come first, or would you rather he ignored his family and updated his product especially for you!? 

"Real life"... you still miss the point. That's not a role playing game, he's being paid in real life dollars by his customers. Also there might be a middle way between ignoring his family and not updating his product for months, have you thought of this?