Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Bijan's Seasons

7 hours ago, tjrush said:

If I search for BijonStudio on Discord, I get nothing.  Does anyone have a link or invite to his Discord server?

Try this; https://discord.gg/4QxydkSw

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

"Real life"... you still miss the point. That's not a role playing game, he's being paid in real life dollars by his customers. Also there might be a middle way between ignoring his family and not updating his product for months, have you thought of this?

Do you think that the product is not so good and needs updates ?

There are developers that update only a few times and then no more.

Bijan has pumped out update after update for many months. Not many developers do that.

Just my 2 cents…

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

How does this compare with the Rex seasons program?

If my understanding is correct, you can summarize a comparison between these two as follows:

- both will modify the aspect of the trees, including their size and colors, in accordance with the season and the geographic location

- REX has a program that can update the trees automatically, while Bijan's product requires a manual file (folder?) transfer. EDIT: Bijan's also has an automation program now, thanks for the notification 🙂

- Bijan's seasons will also bring some additional kind of trees, with 3D models

- Bijan's seasons will also alter the rendering ground textures (terrain masks or something like that) in order to avoir pure green fields in full summer or full winter, for example.

Edited by Daube
Rectification of a point

No Bijan slander will be tolerated of any sort...he is a great hard working dev whos given us one of the first solid MSFS products early on.

The mod still runs and looks great and has both automated GUI and simple drag n drop method ,it was consistently updated when he was more active and his communications with customers is superb.

Whatever he's going through I don't care if he isn't as active for another year, he has our respect and support.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, Daube said:

- REX has a program that can update the trees automatically, while Bijan's product requires a manual file (folder?) transfer.

Not any more. Bijan's automated function works perfectly.

I wish Bijan all the best. He is a kind and talented person, and I am sure he will come back from Iran with the same enthusiasm and care for his customers.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

20 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Not any more. Bijan's automated function works perfectly.

I wish Bijan all the best. He is a kind and talented person, and I am sure he will come back from Iran with the same enthusiasm and care for his customers.

Thanks for explaining, I have edited my previous message 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Do you think that the product is not so good and needs updates ?

There are developers that update only a few times and then no more.

Bijan has pumped out update after update for many months. Not many developers do that.

Just my 2 cents…

Avsimers always has to have something to complain about. nothing new here. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Daube said:

If my understanding is correct, you can summarize a comparison between these two as follows:

- both will modify the aspect of the trees, including their size and colors, in accordance with the season and the geographic location

- REX has a program that can update the trees automatically, while Bijan's product requires a manual file (folder?) transfer. EDIT: Bijan's also has an automation program now, thanks for the notification 🙂

- Bijan's seasons will also bring some additional kind of trees, with 3D models

- Bijan's seasons will also alter the rendering ground textures (terrain masks or something like that) in order to avoir pure green fields in full summer or full winter, for example.

You left out. .... Bijan's just looks better. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Watched a lot of comparison videos, as I'm a Bijan user myself and Bijan's is definitely the superior product. Much more natural and varied, more fitting in some areas. Saw a few videos of REX with little variation and some colouration that made little sense.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Watched a lot of comparison videos, as I'm a Bijan user myself and Bijan's is definitely the superior product. Much more natural and varied, more fitting in some areas. Saw a few videos of REX with little variation and some colouration that made little sense.

I'm sorry, but watching a video or two does not give the full picture at all.  

As a long time user and very much a huge fan of Bijans seasons and now a user of REX, anyone claiming Bijans is "definitely the superior product"  is quite frankly talking out of their backside.   

As someone who's paid for both so has no bias, and someone who always favors the small dev rather than the "big boys" whenever possible (and to be honest I'm not a fan of REX for a few reasons I wont go into)  I can say unequivocally that REX not in any way the inferior product. and is undeniably more varied.   I could quite easily show many places where Bijans looks unnatural and has "colouration that made little sense" if we're going down that line of argument

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when their opinion is based on owning one product and watching a video or two of another then it's not an opinion I would take seriously, personally.

Neither product is perfect. Both have their pro's and cons versus each other.  I'd love to sit here and tell  everyone how Bijans craps all over REX but it's simply not true.  REX deserve every credit for this one. It's a great product, it's getting lots of updates which are adding "specialized" areas and even more variation to it's already extensive vegetation sets.

It's a close competition which for me REX is ahead in, but that's just my opinion. It's an opinion based on extensively testing both products though.  Any exaggerated claims of one being "definitely superior" or more "natural and varied than the other", especially when the claims are based on owning only one of the products, can be safely ignored.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I'm sorry, but watching a video or two does not give the full picture at all.  

As a long time user and very much a huge fan of Bijans seasons and now a user of REX, anyone claiming Bijans is "definitely the superior product"  is quite frankly talking out of their backside.   

As someone who's paid for both so has no bias, and someone who always favors the small dev rather than the "big boys" whenever possible (and to be honest I'm not a fan of REX for a few reasons I wont go into)  I can say unequivocally that REX not in any way the inferior product. and is undeniably more varied.   I could quite easily show many places where Bijans looks unnatural and has "colouration that made little sense" if we're going down that line of argument

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when their opinion is based on owning one product and watching a video or two of another then it's not an opinion I would take seriously, personally.

Neither product is perfect. Both have their pro's and cons versus each other.  I'd love to sit here and tell  everyone how Bijans craps all over REX but it's simply not true.  REX deserve every credit for this one. It's a great product, it's getting lots of updates which are adding "specialized" areas and even more variation to it's already extensive vegetation sets.

It's a close competition which for me REX is ahead in, but that's just my opinion. It's an opinion based on extensively testing both products though.  Any exaggerated claims of one being "definitely superior" or more "natural and varied than the other", especially when the claims are based on owning only one of the products, can be safely ignored.

What we need is an updated poll.

REX Seasons or Bijan.

Someone create one please! 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

24 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions

anyone claiming Bijans is "definitely the superior product"  is quite frankly talking out of their backside.   

can be safely ignored.

Apparently not. 

And honestly, what a load of bloated, condescending tripe. Of course you can asses a purely visual product from videos and screenshots and form an opinion of your own. I can also say a painting is ugly without owning it, it doesn't magically transform because you've paid for it. 

Edited by Sethos

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Apparently not. 

Apparently not what?    Was I not clear?   Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But an opinion based on testing only one product shouldn't be taken seriously because It's a clearly biased opinion.

But sure, if you want to claim one is "definitely superior" based on testing only one product then go for it!   Just don't be surprised when nobody takes that opinion seriously.

25 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

What we need is an updated poll.

REX Seasons or Bijan.

Someone create one please! 😀

What's stopping you? 

18 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Apparently not what?    Was I not clear?   Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But an opinion based on testing only one product shouldn't be taken seriously because It's a clearly biased opinion.

But sure, if you want to claim one is "definitely superior" based on testing only one product then go for it!   Just don't be surprised when nobody takes that opinion seriously.

Just you not understanding you don't need to buy a purely visual product to form an opinion. The trees and their look in a YouTube video are identical to the trees displayed on your monitor, thus we're basing our opinion on the very same thing. There's no subtle things that you only feel or see by owning it, like other addons. The fact that you think you need to own such a product to have a worthy opinion is laughable. Hell, nobody knows where you've flown, what seasons you've flown or how much you've seen just because you own it. In a well edited video, you see multiple seasons displayed, in a head-to-head comparison so I know exactly on the spot how they look compared to each other, a far superior way in judging two purely visual products. Sitting here pretending you've flown every region on the planet, in every season and done a meticulous head-to-head comparison to form some sort of superior opinion just because you shelled out for the product is silly. 

Edited by Sethos