Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Butch1

FSDT KMEM FLOATING AIRCRAFT

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All the aircraft "float" a bit above ground lever at the Memphis Airport (KMEM) from FSDT. I tried to elevate the ground level and that seemed to fix the situation where the tireswill come in contact with the ground however, a lot of the concrete disappears when I do this.

 

This picture shows when I elevated the ground level (ADE) the tires contact the ground but a lot of the concrete is gone even from the runways - spotty at best.

spacer.png

This is the stock view and the tires are off the ground and the dude appears to be floating as well. But, all the concrete shows. So is there a better way to make adjustments so that any an all aircraft

do not float above the runway/tarmac?

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

This is an unaddressed bug with this add on. I among others posted on the FSDT forum and it was acknowledged by the developer months ago but no fix. 

I wish simmers would boycott developers who abandon buggy  products to chase the “sim of the future” after taking revenue for a dysfunctional program. It’s just disingenuous and dishonest.

 

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Upvote 2

Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

This is an unaddressed bug with this add on. I among others posted on the FSDT forum and it was acknowledged by the developer months ago but no fix. 

I wish simmers would boycott developers who abandon buggy  products to chase the “sim of the future” after taking revenue for a dysfunctional program. It’s just disingenuous and dishonest.

 

Did Umberto really acknowledge it?


- Harry 

i9-12900K (12 Cores, 16+8 Threads, max 5.2 GHz, Aorus X 360 AIO H20, ASUS Z690 ROG Strix F), 32 GB RAM (DDR5 5200, CAS 38), RTX 3090 (Alpacool Eiswolf 360 AIO H2O).  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2 SSD C drive).  MSFS 2020 (MS Store, installed on C, MSFS Content on seperate 2TB M.2 SSD).   P3Dv5.3 (1TB M.2 SSD).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Did Umberto really acknowledge it?

I would have to go back and see if it was Umberto or whoever was moderating but it was acknowledged. This is a V5 issue. Several mentioned  having this issue.

Yes, certainly Umberto with assurance last January that they would certainly look into this.

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

I would have to go back and see if it was Umberto or whoever was moderating but it was acknowledged. This is a V5 issue. Several mentioned  having this issue.

Yes, certainly Umberto with assurance last January that they would certainly look into this.

As I've repeated it again in February, we'll look in this, but at this time we are working 24/7 on releasing GSX for MSFS.

But that's besides the point, the point is:

- The product in question, KMEM, came out in 2016 for FSX and P3D V3, which were the ONLY two main simulators available on that date, P3D V4 came out the following year. Nowhere we ever said it would always updated "forever", for each new sim that would eventually came out after that.

- KMEM is still fully compatible with P3D 4, but it's still not a native product and it's not advertised as such. We honestly put only native products in the P3D 4/5 section of our site, with "native" meaning compiled with the P3D 4/5 SDK and made in full PBR, so they could never work in FSX. That's what a proper P3D product is, and we DO NOT misrepresent ours, except the ones that truly are. KMEM is in the FSX section of our site.

- When P3D V5 came out, some sceneries required fixes, mostly due to the updated default scenery. We updated some sceneries which were reasonably quick to do, even older than KMEM, like KFLL, or PHNL.

- The way KMEM is made, the possible fix is a quite a bit more complex. But again, we never sold KMEM with the promise it would be "updated for life", and just can't demand a fix in the shortest amount of time. The scenery works perfectly fine for the simulator you bought it for ( FSX or P3D V3 ) and an extra version too, that is P3D V4.

- KMEM is sold in TRIAL version so no, nobody can say users that bought it *after* P3D V5 came out were somehow "tricked" into buying a bugged product. And it's NOT just that, in ADDITION to that, for those that don't check the Trial, we added the following disclaimer, in the FSX download page, just if it wasn't clear enough you ARE buying an FSX Product:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_fsx.html

 

Quote

Prepar3D Compatibility

While these products were originally made for FSX, they can be installed in all versions of Prepar3D, up to 5.1. 

However, due to several changes in backward compatibility in P3D V5, some of the older products might show some visual problems so, if you intend to use them in P3D V5, we strongly suggest to download the Trial version before purchasing them.

Basically, users that bought it for FSX or P3D 3/4, simply cannot demand a fix for P3D V5, because the product works with the simulator they bought it for.

And for new users, those that bought it after P3D V5 came out, we made every effort possible to:

- Clearly label the product as being an FSX product first and foremost, with some adaptations for P3D, but it's in the FSX Products section for a reason, because we are not hiding the fact it's not a P3D native product, and surely not a P3D V5 product.

- Making a STRONG suggestion to check the Trial to those wanting to use it in P3D V5. 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, virtuali said:

As I've repeated it again in February, we'll look in this, but at this time we are working 24/7 on releasing GSX for MSFS.

But that's besides the point, the point is:

- The product in question, KMEM, came out in 2016 for FSX and P3D V3, which were the ONLY two main simulators available on that date, P3D V4 came out the following year. Nowhere we ever said it would always updated "forever", for each new sim that would eventually came out after that.

- KMEM is still fully compatible with P3D 4, but it's still not a native product and it's not advertised as such. We honestly put only native products in the P3D 4/5 section of our site, with "native" meaning compiled with the P3D 4/5 SDK and made in full PBR, so they could never work in FSX. That's what a proper P3D product is, and we DO NOT misrepresent ours, except the ones that truly are. KMEM is in the FSX section of our site.

- When P3D V5 came out, some sceneries required fixes, mostly due to the updated default scenery. We updated some sceneries which were reasonably quick to do, even older than KMEM, like KFLL, or PHNL.

- The way KMEM is made, the possible fix is a quite a bit more complex. But again, we never sold KMEM with the promise it would be "updated for life", and just can't demand a fix in the shortest amount of time. The scenery works perfectly fine for the simulator you bought it for ( FSX or P3D V3 ) and an extra version too, that is P3D V4.

- KMEM is sold in TRIAL version so no, nobody can say users that bought it *after* P3D V5 came out were somehow "tricked" into buying a bugged product. And it's NOT just that, in ADDITION to that, for those that don't check the Trial, we added the following disclaimer, in the FSX download page, just if it wasn't clear enough you ARE buying an FSX Product:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_fsx.html

 

Basically, users that bought it for FSX or P3D 3/4, simply cannot demand a fix for P3D V5, because the product works with the simulator they bought it for.

And for new users, those that bought it after P3D V5 came out, we made every effort possible to:

- Clearly label the product as being an FSX product first and foremost, with some adaptations for P3D, but it's in the FSX Products section for a reason, because we are not hiding the fact it's not a P3D native product, and surely not a P3D V5 product.

- Making a STRONG suggestion to check the Trial to those wanting to use it in P3D V5. 

I do appreciate your response to addressing the issues of KMEM with P3DV5. When you say that you will look into the issue at hand that in fact you will.

I know that there is a compelling and more alluring market ($$$) for you and other devs with that shiny new sim (MSFS). If the situation were reversed,

where you were the customer, and the Dev seems to not make any promises but only to look into the matter I know you would be disappointed and

feel put off like some of us customers are. I know you put a caveat out there for P3D V5 users but some of us still like/use P3DV5 over MSFS and

I know it you were to fix it and then sell a new improved version you might get some people to line your pockets (again) Wouldn't that be nice?

You do have a bug in GSX in P3D V5 where it corrupts your scenery BGL file -  Not so in P3D V4 - I have both sims. I would think that you would be

up to the challenge to iron out the kinks this scenery has in P3DV5. I have a feeling you are just going to walk away from it and that is pretty much

what I suspect.........

 

 

 

Edited by Butch1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Butch1 said:

You do have a bug in GSX in P3D V5 where is corrupts your scenery BGL file -  Not so in P3D V4

Sorry, but there's no such thing, since GSX never tries to write to any .bgl files. And, nobody reported it before. If you still think it's a bug, open a proper thread on our forum, and we'll surely look into that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Sorry, but there's no such thing, since GSX never tries to write to any .bgl files. And, nobody reported it before. If you still think it's a bug, open a proper thread on our forum, and we'll surely look into that. 

Then why is it when I disable GSX in P3D V4 the concrete runways will not disappear and in P3D V5 when GSX is disabled the concrete goes ways.

Something is amiss,

 

In P3DV5 with GSX activated the aircraft are hovering above runway, deactivate GSX and the aircraft will fall and make contact with the runway along with a crash sound. and the concrete runway disappears and is replaced with black bland runway, I ought to know, I've seen this happen with my own eyes.

Edited by Butch1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Butch1 said:

Then why is it when I disable GSX in P3D V4 the concrete runways will not disappear and in P3D V5 when GSX is disabled the concrete goes ways.

That doesn't obviously have anything to do with with GSX being supposedly "bugged" or "corrupting the .BGL", it's just the ground elevation in P3D V5 is different so, a scenery which was made for previous versions might have issues.

And, because it's GSX (or more precisely, the KMEM script run by it) that handles lots of custom things in the scenery, including collisions with objects and/or ground, that's why you see a difference with or without GSX, that's what I meant when I said the issue is not as easy to fix as other scenery, because of the *unique* way KMEM was made.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for answering Umberto. I have all your other US airports in P3DV5.3  working fine. KMEM is the only one with the floating or any issue at all. Would it really take much attention to repair this one elevation issue? I among others would sure appreciate it if you could. 

Thanks.


Vic green

Share this post


Link to post

It's not just KMEM. KJFK, KCLT, KDFW, KIAH, KSDF are all showing the same elevation issue just not as bad as KMEM.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...