Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Restoring FSX from desktop.......please help

Guest BrianFletcher

Greetings all, I am in the process of flying the default C172 from St. Augustine to Pensacola. Nearly 3 hours into my flight I decided to minimize FSX for a moment to check my e-mail, and now I can't get FSX to start up again. I clicked on the program on my tool bar, but it does not do anything. Is there anyway to force FSX to open up? Any help would be appreciated because I really do not want to lose this flight. Thanks in advance.

. . soooo. . . rt-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen:select "Task Manager":select "Applications":rt-click on "Flight Sim X";select "Bring to front".That should do it for you!Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest BrianFletcher

That was the ticket, thank you. I would have lost it if I had to start that flight over. Thanks again.

Glad it got it fixed for you:Have you loaded SP1? I'm asking this because I have not had to do that since loading it. It was a pain, for sure, and I was quite relieved to notice this had been fixed. I just double-click on the "FSX" box in the taskbar now, and back it comes.Maybe something else fixed it. . . don't know what, though!!!Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest PhilC

SP1 didn't fix it because I have the same problem. Thanks for your tip. It is a big help.

Guest BrianFletcher

I also have SP1 installed. Before I posted my comment FSX just sat there refusing to start back up for over an hour, but I didn't want to lose my flight, so I figured I would try the forums. Thanks again.

Before you ALT-TAB to desktop, make sure the menu bar is visible in FS at the top (Hold down Left Alt). If it's not, then I always have trouble getting back from desktop.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU