Sign in to follow this  
andre1977

Regcodes - Multiple txt files

Hi Nico

I have several txt files on regcodes folder.

Can we still used them instead of a single file 'MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids' and 'MySpecialRegcodes' ? This way i have multiple reg . 

Marco.

58 minutes ago, andre1977 said:

Can we still used them instead of a single file 'MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids' and 'MySpecialRegcodes' ? This way i have multiple reg . 

Yes of course. If you do not want your old multiple regcodes from atc_id fields you just remove the MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids.txt when you are using the new version 31.11.3 for the first time.

Same for your old specials.

These two files are just history, kept for users that do not have made regcode files themselves.

oh...and every time i want to include an "special" new one, i must write it on "MySpecialRegocodes.txt"?

the same with a new atc id on MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids.txt?

Right but everytime i start PSXseeconTraffic those 2 files comes up on the folder after being deleted.

Should i delete them everytime i start PSXseeconTraffic ?

Marco.

15 hours ago, abranpuko said:

oh...and every time i want to include an "special" new one, i must write it on "MySpecialRegocodes.txt"?

the same with a new atc id on MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids.txt?

No and No. You should use the Offline Regcode specification method defined in 4.3.2 for new definitions. These two files are just there to keep your history.

Edited by kiek

15 minutes ago, andre1977 said:

Should i delete them everytime i start PSXseeconTraffic ?

Deleting them in 31.11.2 makes no sense, PSXT will create them again.

In 31.11.3 you can decide to delete them, but you better let them stay otherwise you will loose these definitions.... 

Edited by kiek

Thanks, I've read it.
My air traffic does not have in its titles: AIGAIM. That is, the liveries have been downloaded one by one from many different sources and pages.
So, when I add a new library, I always modify the aircraft.cfg
I understand that I should continue doing it like this, according to what I read in your manual, instead of adding them to "MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids"
What do I do with the SPECIAL? Can I still include it in the "parameters.xml? or I can write them in "MySpecialRegcodes"

Excuse so much doubt, but having 7000 libraries made one by one I want to do it well so as not to lose the data.

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

What do I do with the SPECIAL? Can I still include it in the "parameters.xml? or I can write them in "MySpecialRegcodes"

No, the SPECIALS parameter will be removed. You can add new ones to MySpecialRegcodes.

You cannot define multiple regcodes in atc_id= field anymore

You can add those to MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids  or open a new file and put that in liveries\regcodes.

(For the specification see 4.3.2)

Edited by kiek

5 hours ago, kiek said:

No, the SPECIALS parameter will be removed. You can add new ones to MySpecialRegcodes.

You can add those to MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids  or open a new file and put that in liveries\regcodes.

excuse me but, ....isnt that exactly what i asked you first? you answered me: no and no. ¿?....

i mean, instead of adding new atc-ids to aircraft.cfg, , i put them on "MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids"

and the same with the special ones. 

🙂

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Well, as you said to me: "You can add those to MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids". Ok, so i did it...

I added a new regcode but "MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids" didnt save it. 

i dont understand. I read the manual and it says:

"In the file one should specify the (exact) title of the livery followed by a semicolon, followed by a list of registration codes separated by commas. The regcodes in these files have preference over (overrule) the same ones in the aircraft.cfg files"

so, that was what i did.

my new regcode wasnt saved. 

4 hours ago, abranpuko said:

I added a new regcode but "MyMultRegcodesFromAtcids" didnt save it.

Well it is a simple .txt file so I see no reason why you cannot add text to it and save it. Edit the file when PSXT is not running.

Otherwise  start a new file and put that in the regcodes folder, that works too. That is even nicer because you are creating new info with the new offline method,  you are not rewriting history.

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Well it is a simple .txt file so I see no reason why you cannot add text to it and save it. Edit the file when PSXT is not running.

Otherwise  start a new file and put that in the regcodes folder, that works too. That is even nicer because you are creating new info with the new offline method,  you are not rewriting history.

ok. i will do that!. Yesterday night, i deleted the primitive one and saw PSXT created again a new one, but it was updated. 

I will do what you recommend, of course, creating a new .txt one. 

thanks again for your kind help, and sorry for making twoo many quiestion!!

its the ai traffic passion!:)

• Like 1