Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

DX10 and performance improvements

>I think the most promising aspect of DX10 for FSX is that Phil>says they are looking into issueing the D3D calls from the 2nd>core. Yes, I recall reading something like that. At least they are willing to explore some opportunities with DX10. For some here it is unfortunately always the same "blame Microsoft" game - bad, bad, incompetent Microsoft , unwilling to design a 'better' FS.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing you purchased FSX and are>unhappy with it. If that is the case, please send me a private>message with the price you paid, and I will personally pay you>back your purchase price, with the caveat that you never post>here again.>>-JonIt's good to see the friendly atmosphere of the FSX forum shining through :-roll.

>>Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing you purchased FSX and are>>unhappy with it. If that is the case, please send me a>private>>message with the price you paid, and I will personally pay>you>>back your purchase price, with the caveat that you never>post>>here again.>>>>-Jon>>It's good to see the friendly atmosphere of the FSX forum>shining through :-roll.Agreed. I suggest that if anyone has an opinion about other people's opinions that they keep it to themselves. We are all entitled to our opinions and snide comments like Jon's are not conducive to a professional environment. Jon: We already have one Allcott and we don't need another one...________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I read somewhere recently that the 9800 series GPU's due to arrive at the end of '07 will produce 2 to 3 times the calculations of today's 8800GTX cards. That means by next Spring ('08), we should have the GPU-power increase and along with the newer processors, should offset the DX10 demands imposed. You want the latest software, buy the hardware to support it. Otherwise, stay static...Software... Hardware... It's all relative...Which came first, the floppy disk or the floppy-drive...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest jwflowers

Check out this video of Crysis designed with DX10 in mind. It shows the difference in DX9 and DX10 in a jungle fight. Major differences!!!

Everytime graphical enhancements are made to FS they bog the program down. Guaranteed. What makes DX10 so different? MS has always exaggerated the benefits of using their software, again, what makes DX10 different? Subtract the marketing hype from the DX10 rhetoric and all you've got is an upgrade of the same software.

>MS>has always exaggerated the benefits of using their software,>again, what makes DX10 different? The only exaggeration I read comes from smart folks like you on forums like this... :-blaMichael J.

People are entitled to their opinions, I agree, but there's an expectation of responsibility that goes with that. Using such hyperbole as "garbage scow" is no more conductive to a friendly atmosphere than my post. Anyone who has ever participated in the world of PC Gaming knows that with initial releases comes growing pains. Flight simulator is no different from any other game in this respect, except that the ante is upped by just what the game offers.Now, if it were limited to finite flying areas a la Flight Unlimited, I'm sure the problems would be less a case of performance and more a case of "WHY ISN'T THE GRASS STRIP IN MY BACKYARD FEATURED!?!?!?"FSX flies fine for me, and I'm not using top shelf hardware by any means. I understand that others are having issues, but just as I could have picked a better way to respond (or not responded at all), so too could Airbadger have picked a better way to express his frustrations without flame baiting.-Jon

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

uhhh don't post videos where we have to login to view....arghhbut I did watch the you tube one - am I missing something cause the only difference I see is the bloom and lighting effects from the sun through the jungle....The DX9 one is actually really nice !

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With all do respect : DX10 may improve framerates a bit, but also gives much more eyecandy.And more eyecandy normally comes at the cost of framerates.So if you start using all the extra features do not expect the framerates to be higher then before.It's as simple as that.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

>So if you start using all the extra features do not expect the>framerates to be higher then before.That's true until the next generation of cards come out. Then you'll have better performance with better visuals.

Matthew S

Fine, I'll re-word my post so it doesn't "flame-bait" you": the FS engine is slow, inefficient, old, and whenever new graphics features are stapled onto it it only gets worse, everytime, guaranteed.

>That's true until the next generation of cards come out. Then>you'll have better performance with better visuals.I think that will be the case at least a few generations further down the road. The very first next batch of DX10 cards will not be THAT much better as the current one.

>Fine, I'll re-word my post so it doesn't "flame-bait" you": >the FS engine is slow, inefficient, old, and whenever new>graphics features are stapled onto it it only gets worse,>everytime, guaranteed. Aaahw come on thats not fair. There is a dedicated team behind the FS engine. They are the guys asking themselves:"what the ^&^&* is happening why doesn't this performance patch fix things? Please endusers tell us what is wrong so maybe we can fix it."If you can't fix it yourself with full control of the source code fully knowing how the FS engine works what chance have a few hobbyist that regulary exchange tips about placebo ini stettings that can't possibly work?So yes maybe the FS engine is slow, inefficient, old, with new graphics features stapled onto it. But they are realy listening to us now.Lets hope its the type of listening that makes sure that FS-XI will get a fully new multi-core DX10 only graphics engine. (if the franchise survives the FS-X release)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg