Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Fenix updates ?

I'm not fond of Discord as a support chanel specially when private data that I really don't want to share with a flightsim addons producer is requested to participate in that chanel 😕, so, probably if I went there I could have found the answer to my query, but I opted for posting here - maybe some of you can help...

Now, snce the release, and after a few glitches found, some with more impact like the "uncrab bug" that kills rudder authority on x-wind landings until the nose gear touches the ground, and a few more problems, I haven't heard of any Fénix updates / patches ? 

Is there a plan ? Have they mentioned any schedule for updates / patches ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

With you on the Discord thing... but bit the bullet...

When asked in the discord about updates, they only say 'it will be ready, when it is ready'.

Fair enough. I rather have them do quality work, then rush rush..... 

There are some short comings, like VNAV, which according to Amir, they have completely re-written for the next update...

• Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I suggest you join Discord but simply keep an eye on the Announcements section. No interaction required.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rob Jones.

31 minutes ago, Silicus said:

With you on the Discord thing... but bit the bullet...

When asked in the discord about updates, they only say 'it will be ready, when it is ready'.

Fair enough. I rather have them do quality work, then rush rush..... 

There are some short comings, like VNAV, which according to Amir, they have completely re-written for the next update...

What‘s wrong with their vnav? So far I am happy with it!

23 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

What‘s wrong with their vnav? So far I am happy with it!

I find it hits all contracts perfectly, but if you look at the speed its normaly at the bottom of the gauge(limits), it should be "On speed" <

• Like 6

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

43 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I find it hits all contracts perfectly, but if you look at the speed its normaly at the bottom of the gauge(limits), it should be "On speed" <

And TCAS has got some problems, too. They are aware of that issue and most probably it will be repaired in an upcoming update.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

"uncrab bug" that kills rudder authority on x-wind landings until the nose gear touches the ground

Would really like to see this addressed! It's always a struggle keeping the aircraft on centerline after a significant crosswind landing.

The rudder should be much more powerful on the ground at high speed regimes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolf0 said:

Would really like to see this addressed! It's always a struggle keeping the aircraft on centerline after a significant crosswind landing.

It actually also impacts their autoland performance even under slight x-wind components...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Wolf0 said:

I have no problem staying on the centerline with the Fenix. ???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I have no problem staying on the centerline with the Fenix. ???

Fenix has already acknowledged the bug and they're working on it, so we don't need to do this back-and-forth...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

Fenix has already acknowledged the bug and they're working on it, so we don't need to do this back-and-forth...

I couldn't care less if you don't need what I have to say, and I will state it again, I don't have any issue with staying on the centerline, but I don't use tiller control either, just rudder. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I couldn't care less if you don't need what I have to say, and I will state it again, I don't have any issue with staying on the centerline, but I don't use tiller control either, just rudder. 

Oh FFS, it's a legit bug that has been acknowledged. We don't need to know nor care if it doesn't affect you. The part that matters is that it is being addressed.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 7

Yup crosswind landings send me in strange directions too after touchdown, glad they’re looking into it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Flare is so weird too... But I don't think Fenix will update this because Aaron said "Well, there are snippets from streams of people like Blackbox saying they prefer the feel of the flare here vs. elsewhere.So I feel like the statement "flare mode isn't working" is a bit strong."

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

Oh FFS, it's a legit bug that has been acknowledged. We don't need to know nor care if it doesn't affect you. The part that matters is that it is being addressed.

LOL One of Bob's favorite hobby's is to post in topics about problems that he doesn't have that problem LOL Better get used to it because he just loves doing that. 😂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2