Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Stutters Question

I am doing a flight from KCLE -KMDT.  At KCLE, and enroute my FPS is 30+,  but when I start my vectored approach to KMDT by ATC, all of sudden I start getting stutters.  I don’t recall this happening at any other airport. I am flying the Flight 1 B200.  If I switch to an outside view, the stutters go away. Back to th VC, stutters.

I tried reducing graphic settings, but didn’t really help. I am going to try a different AC.  Also on this route, ATC switches me way too frequently between centers. 

Any ideas?

THANKS!

Edited by Skyseek

I don't know about your computer components, but stutters are usually a sign of a computer that is not capable of processing all the necessary data in a timely fashion.  In addition to high scenery settings, AI place a huge strain on a computer, so if you have high AI settings, especially ground vehicles, then you will see stutters as you approach an airport, the computer has to process the ground vehicle traffic in and around the airport.  Airports located within or bordering cities cause even more stress as the computer must also process all the local ground vehicle traffic.  FSX boxed versions also do not handle memory very well, generally retaining old data from the beginning of the flight, so at the end of the flight it is struggling to find available RAM.  FSX, being a 32-bit program, is limited to only 4 GB of usable RAM.  FSX Steam Edition is far better at clearing out old data, so stutters and out-of-memory crashes are reduced.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.