Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

AIG; Interesting Discovery

Recently, I been testing AIG TG with an OFF-Line setting and almost every time the TC closes on its own. When I landed at KDCA, I noticed that the TC had shut down  and yet I still had some lovely liveries parked at their gates. I even saw an AA taxiing. What's going on here? Is it possible that we don't even need the TC with on-line mode?

Edited by CFIJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

TC is only for injecting aircraft that follow AIG's flight plans, it has never been needed for live traffic.

There was a bug at one point where Live Traffic wouldn't depart that TC had a work around, but Asobo fixed that a couple updates ago.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

TC is only for injecting aircraft that follow AIG's flight plans, you don't need it for live traffic, it has never been needed.

There was a bug at one point where Live Traffic wouldn't depart that TC had a work around, but Asobo fixed that a couple updates ago.

I just noticed my error. I did NOT have it set to real time (live) setting. It was set for offline. That's the recommended setting with the GA mod.

In other words, a setting of offline mode will still generate the AIG models at the airports even without opening the AIG TC. That's the interesting discovery.

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1

if TC closes you should be seeing zero airline traffic. Sounds like something else is happening. Did you forget to disable the airliner traffic offline file?

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

if TC closes you should be seeing zero airline traffic. Sounds like something else is happening. Did you forget to disable the airliner traffic offline file?

I have it enabled. I've never disabled it. I use the GA mod which is supposed to disable it. Maybe the GA mod no longer works.

@Kaiii3 can you please chime in and give me an idea of why there's AIG traffic with an offline mode even after the TC shuts down?

Thanks.

Depending on how you have disabled the default offline traffic, it could have been restored by a recent update for MSFS. Also, if you have ground traffic enabled it also generates parked and taxiing aircraft. And finally, third party airport scenery can have static aircraft parked at a few gates.

On my machine, whenever TC crashes (which is often) all traffic it has created is removed from the sim. The only traffic that I still have is the default GA traffic from the mod, which includes a few business jets and heaps of TBM's.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 minute ago, orchestra_nl said:

Depending on how you have disabled the default offline traffic, it could have been restored by a recent update for MSFS. Also, if you have ground traffic enabled it also generates parked and taxiing aircraft. And finally, third party airport scenery can have static aircraft parked at a few gates.

On my machine, whenever TC crashes (which is often) all traffic it has created is removed from the sim. The only traffic that I still have is the default GA traffic from the mod, which includes a few business jets and heaps of TBM's.

I have not disabled the default traffic file. I recall that in the past, when TC shut down, all AIG traffic was gone. Not anymore.

I'm wondering if it's the mod or WU10. Either way, it would be good to find out if the TC is even needed with an offline mode.

It's got me scratching my head and wondering why the TC shuts down abruptly.

4 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

It's just an issue with the program, it happens to some people but not others. Have you tried running in Win8 compatibility mode?

21 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I use the GA mod which is supposed to disable it. Maybe the GA mod no longer works.

You need to redo it after every sim update.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

I have not disabled the default traffic file. I recall that in the past, when TC shut down, all AIG traffic was gone. Not anymore.

I'm wondering if it's the mod or WU10. Either way, it would be good to find out if the TC is even needed with an offline mode.

Are you seeing AIG as ground traffic or AI movements?  Is ground traffic disabled? 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

20 minutes ago, psolk said:

Are you seeing AIG as ground traffic or AI movements?  Is ground traffic disabled? 

Yes.

Yes

28 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Have you tried running in Win8 compatibility mode?

Win 7 Comp mode. Will try win 8 even though most run at win 8 and it still closes down.

In D:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic

I have:

fs10.AircraftTypes

trafficAircraft.bgl

trafficBoats.bgl

The trafficAircraft.bgl is enabled. The GA mod is enabled in the community folder.

Either you have not disabled the default traffic file as instructed in the GA mod fix thread (by editing the correct layout.json to remove aircraft traffic) or you have static ground aircraft enabled. You may have edited the layout.json in the past, but every msfs update restores it back to original. This means you have to edit it after each and every msfs update.

Navigate to the "fs-base-ai-traffic" folder inside official and open the "layout.json" file there. It should read something like:

{
  "content": [
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/fs10.AircraftTypes.csv",
      "size": 4888,
      "date": 132379022900000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficBoats.bgl",
      "size": 1716075,
      "date": 132387798760000000
    }
  ]
}

If it doesn't, then that's your problem.

James

1 hour ago, CFIJose said:

In D:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic

I have:

fs10.AircraftTypes

trafficAircraft.bgl

trafficBoats.bgl

The trafficAircraft.bgl is enabled. The GA mod is enabled in the community folder.

Back up two folders to the fs-base-ai-traffic folder itself, that's where the layout.json file you want is.

James

3 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Either you have not disabled the default traffic file as instructed in the GA mod fix thread (by editing the correct layout.json to remove aircraft traffic) or you have static ground aircraft enabled. You may have edited the layout.json in the past, but every msfs update restores it back to original. This means you have to edit it after each and every msfs update.

Navigate to the "fs-base-ai-traffic" folder inside official and open the "layout.json" file there. It should read something like:

{
  "content": [
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/fs10.AircraftTypes.csv",
      "size": 4888,
      "date": 132379022900000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficBoats.bgl",
      "size": 1716075,
      "date": 132387798760000000
    }
  ]
}

If it doesn't, then that's your problem.

My layout.json is the same you posted. Where does it say to disable the default traffic file?