Sign in to follow this  
Guest chinga

no more blurries

hi allim happy to add that i do not have any more blurries, my ground textures are sharp and i am starting to like FSX more and more, i did some of these tweaksI have SP1 installed on my machine as well. Under my Nvidia control panel, I have high quality 16xAF with negative LOD set to clamp. One thing I have found that greatly improves the sharpness of the ingame image is to leave the FSX filtering set to bilinear, while forcing AF through your Nvidia control panel.TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=6.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=80MESH_RESOLUTION=20TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=5try it it may work for you :-wave

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest chinga

I would like to add that if you have a nvidia card...download nhancer http://www.nhancer.com and you can use the "enhance in game aa" setting which will also greatly improve the blurry situation. I have my 7950gt set to use 16x AF and enhanced 16s AA and the blurries were all but gone. To further get rid of the last little bit of blurries...i had to bump my texture bandwidth multiplier to 120. No stutters. Also left in game filtering to trilinear. I tried bilinear as posted above but trilinear looked a little better with no performance hit.

also i like to add, is that i seem to get alot more disk activity with these changes, do you also get the same?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest chinga

I hardly get any. Once in a great while entering a crowded area i hear a little "blurp" come from my raid 0 raptors but maybe it's because i defrag daily with O&O defrag using the complete/name method.Whenever i do a defrag...seems like the only files ever fragmented are FSX files.

The enhance ingame setting can also be found in the original driver: no need to install nhancer for that. Besides, you have 16x AF: doesn't that overrule the ingame trilinear setting...? And if it doesn't: why have it at 16x AF if you don't use AF at all ingame...?

"i seem to get alot more disk activity with these changes"I imagine that's because you've increased the texture load on your graphics card by increasing the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT value to 100. Also, your LOD_RADIUS is very high at 6.5.Mike

>The enhance ingame setting can also be found in the original>driver: no need to install nhancer for that. Besides, you have>16x AF: doesn't that overrule the ingame trilinear setting...?>And if it doesn't: why have it at 16x AF if you don't use AF>at all ingame...?Here we go again, I've almost rushed to try it :)@chinga: what are the specs of your system?Thanks.

Guest jcmckeown

The blurries this fixes are related to texture filtering issues. For those of us that have blurries related to texture loading this unfortunately does not help. Thanks for sharing though.JC

Guest chinga

I use the 16x Af setting because if you use the Af setting in game it's not enough AF for my taste. If You use AF in FSX and in the driver i see no difference than the in game setting...almost like the in game cancels the driver setting. If you use trilinear filtering in game and AF in driver...you get the full 16x AF or at least looks like it. This setting definately gives me the best visual experience.Specs Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 158.27 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD