Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

3 minutes ago, The Moose said:

AIG in Live Traffic mode is causing CTD/Lockup on flight load.   (confirmed by many)   Not yet tested with AIG TC in offline mode.

If you could do a quick test in offline mode that would be awesome. Having it not work in offline mode is kind of a no go for me. After all the months of not jumping on the AIG bandwagon initially i have admittedly totally done a 180 on AIG's program and wont sim without it lol.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Bugs happen, it's a beta, can't handle the fire then get out of the kitchen!

• Like 22
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

33 minutes ago, Alvega said:

And no lightning yet in thunderstorms.

I've seen lightning in thunderstorms with SU9, so are you saying it's totally broken now? Or did you just not see any with SU9?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, Maxis said:

If you could do a quick test in offline mode that would be awesome. Having it not work in offline mode is kind of a no go for me. After all the months of not jumping on the AIG bandwagon initially i have admittedly totally done a 180 on AIG's program and wont sim without it lol.

I will indeed, but it might be an hour or so...time to eat then have a quick fly... I've been troubleshooting that issue for 3 hours now  😄     AIG devs has been informed anyway, so hopefully a fix will be on its way at some point soon.  I can't live without AIG for long

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Also can't see anything different in the VFR map. they said they added a search for navaids but I don't see it.

Are you sure you made it into the beta? There's a little search bar with a magnifying glass right at the top of the VFR map window. You can also click on any navaid icon on the map.

In addition, you should also now notice that navdata loads immediately on the map (used to take upwards of 30-60 seconds to get all the data) and airspaces are drawn with nice smooth curves. Changing zoom should also be a smooth transition instead of a jump to the new range.

Edit: If you have the WT G3000, that includes a VFR map mod that may be overwriting the new VFR map. You can follow these instructions to disable it:

Change the text in the file Wtg3000.cfg located at /path/to/community/workingtitle-g3000/html_ui/ to read as follows:
[VFRMAP]
useCustom = false

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dankovic said:

I'm sure that people that were GPU bottlenecked could see improvements.

I have 9900K @5ghz, RTX3080, 32Gb ram, all on nvme disk. High settings @14400 (only clouds on ultra)

Stutters never been worse also. 

My GPU was and still is asleep running MSFS with frames limited to 60. Still I saw good improvements doing a bit of testing at KLAX. I think it is because they have fixed the issues with PG cities. 

Let me ask you something, are you sure you have updated everything? Did you go the files manager and downloaded all the updates (all the World Updates were updated in the Beta)?

My setup: 5950x // RTX 3090 // 32GB 3600mhz

If everything is updated, go to the official forums and report it.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

" The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behaviour of those aircraft can be modded. "

What this means to me is that now I will appreciate the deluxe and premium airplanes more. There is now quick fixes for some flight model problems. Like I used to do for most default and addon planes in FSX.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

VFR map is surprisingly usable now. 🙂 It even shows ILS frequencies when clicking on an airport. Well done!

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, turbomax said:

not even finished reading the long list of release notes (have not installed beta SU10 yet), and considering we are talking BETA here, I think such a statement is worse than a bad joke, it is outrageous, impudent, ungrateful, a disgrace. the price you pay for public beta I guess.

looking at the incredibly long list of changes, updates, and only estimating how complex this beast we call MSFS has become, I am surprised the simulator even works at all. 😊

"The G1000 NXi is now the default G1000 in the simulator! This brings a number of features to the G1000, taking it close to the real NXi unit, including: VNAV, procedure turns, holds, arc legs, visual approaches, accurate autopilot/modes, full RNAV, and much, much more"

fantastic, thanks very much to Matt and his men at Work-ingTitle!

I just hope VR is improved...🙃

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Bugs happen, it's a beta, can't handle the fire then get out of the kitchen!

I wonder who the author of this topic would've been if the beta had major VR issues...

• Like 1

After one or two hours of testing I can say that performance in DX12 and 4k with DLSS in "balanced" mode is the smoothest I ever had. No additional fps but in my case it is super smooth, no microstutters at all, even above Manhattan. Buildings on Ultra, rest on High, LOD 240. When I set everything on Ultra and the VRam on my 2080 Super gets full, I get some scenery artifacts, though. 🙂

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 6

The DLSS implementation is....not good. I got a 5800x and a 3080 with an Index and displays are much sharper with TAA even on quality with DLSS. It did not affect it that much on the C310 and I did not go in depth regarding FPS, but with thee Fenix DLSS is useless since it is always much more blurry. 
The one other thing that was important for me is the VR toolbar window fix. While it is improved, since the windows are bigger when opened, they still don't remember size and position and close every time you disable VR. So that is very half assed. The main issue is exactly as it was before. 

• Like 2

meanwhile I am getting 100fps in external view in the PMDG 737. That's because it's the vsync refresh rate limit of my monitor. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

The DLSS implementation is....not good. I got a 5800x and a 3080 with an Index and displays are much sharper with TAA even on quality with DLSS.

Yeah this seems to be the common review showing up over the last hour or so.  I guess I’ll stop worrying about the fact that DLSS won’t show up for me under any circumstances.  I tried everything in the book for driver uninstalls, etc.  No go with my 3090.  Probably not a big deal since the sim is more or less fine and was only hoping for a VR improvement where it seems worse.