Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

32 minutes ago, Blind Pilot said:

As a blind user of FS, I'd like SU 10 to finally be accessible to we who need to use a screen reader to interact with our computer.

Here's hoping that FS 2020 will be as accessible as it's predecessor Flight simulator version ten, better known by as FSX.

Why does the visually impaired/blind user always is left out and or not thought of for our input when building something new?

I had sat in on a few conference calls with the fs 2020 team and was assured that they're working on accessibility features.

But it's like don't call us, we'll call you and don't hold your breathe while you wait for we the team to get back to you.

So, here's hoping that FS 2020 will finally have accessibility features in su 10, which is the latest upgrade for fs 2020.

When I fire up the sim, all I hear is music.

So, that at least tells me that the sim was launched.

But via my screen reader and or via the built in screen reader that the team plugged into the sim, I can't see anything.

I can't even perform a upgrade.

So, many thanks for listening to my letter, and here's hoping that the team will see this letter.

Very Thankfully Yours, 

Ron Kolesar

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

You may want to give SU10 a try. I noticed a new option in the settings for a screen reader, so I think you might be in business now.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Yea I think my i9-9900k is the bottleneck with my 3080 ;(

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Does anybody know if there is a thread on official site to vote on or if anybody has reported this to Asobo regarding the broken AIG interaction?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 minutes ago, March Hare said:

In that regards, and therefore the same with landscape colour and to an extent photogrammetry, you seem to be asking for better satellite imagery... Microsoft and Asobo have the best satellite imagery available to them at this time. It has limitations that are beyond their control.

That's exactly what I was talking about and I don't understand why they are minimizing improvements like rendering clouds and live weather and everything else that is not improved and yet of fundamental importance.

VFR Map improvement...DSSL option... a so-called improvement in airports regarding stuttering ....nothing else? 2 years for that?

I've always been satisfied with the MSFS2020 performance,

It's the rest that I'm not happy at all.I find MSFS 2020 average in many compartments and where the improvement has been insignificant.

When you are in an airport you have good feelings but when you take off with an airliner it is at this moment that it deteriorates greatly visually.  satellite imagery resolution,Color.Cloud,live weather.This faded white on the horizon ,the blur,and according to the aspect of the clouds I do not feel this effect of altitude it lacks depth.

MSFS is cool but it's not the wow! for each flight unfortunately.

It is the most modern simulator but it lacks realism because of this imbalance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Hi Ron, sorry to read your experience with the team. Do you mind if I copy/paste your message over at the official Microsoft forum which the Microsoft team reads? Might help that your message reaches them

Sure.

Ship it to all who you think would help out.

Here's my contact from the fs 2020 team:

Jorg Neumann FS 2020 Contact
 jorgn@microsoft.com

Maybe, just maybe, if we all write, he might respond back.

Many thanks for the support.

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot

24 minutes ago, filou said:

That's MSFS in a nutshell!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

26 minutes ago, filou said:

VFR Map improvement...DSSL option... a so-called improvement in airports regarding stuttering ....nothing else? 2 years for that?

Really?  Are you just trying to stir the pot?  Do I have to refer you back to page 1 for all the actual  fixes/changes?  They've implemented DX-12, fixed stuttering, improved overall performance, fixed the PG cities issues amongst hundreds of other fixes and improvements and you boil it down to 3 improvements over 2 years?    2 years for that?  Nothing else? Come on...   Does it still have flaws, yes, have they accomplished a HELL of a lot more than what you are giving them credit for, yes... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 19
  • Upvote 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

24 minutes ago, filou said:

That's exactly what I was talking about and I don't understand why they are minimizing improvements like rendering clouds and live weather and everything else that is not improved and yet of fundamental importance.

I've always been satisfied with the MSFS2020 performance,

It's the rest that I'm not happy at all.I find MSFS 2020 average in many compartments and where the improvement has been insignificant.

When you are in an airport you have good feelings but when you take off with an airliner it is at this moment that it deteriorates greatly visually.  satellite imagery resolution,Color.Cloud,live weather.This faded white on the horizon ,the blur,and according to the aspect of the clouds I do not feel this effect of altitude it lacks depth.

MSFS is cool but it's not the wow! for each flight unfortunately.

How can I grab SU v 10?

I would upgrade fs 2020 build 1.26.5.0, but I would love to over write it if I could.

Many thanks to all for the support.

Ron

2 hours ago, filou said:

I tried DX12 and it's smooth but I had the same thing with SU9 and SU10 DX11.I don't see any difference!....For me, these are the essential points that should have been worked on for this beta version. It's been a long time since the performance in MSFS2020 has been good, nor have we talked about it for years!

As you continually express dissatisfaction over many areas of the simulation perhaps it's time for you to go explore the other sims as the pace of deployment of MSFS for you appears virtually intolerable, full of frustration, and with a complete lack of appreciation for where the sim is today.  You want you Maypo and you want it now.  Did you know it took two years for P3D to go from their conversion to 64-bit in v4 (which in itself took 2 years)  then to add DX-12 implementation and enhanced atmospherics in v5--both of which caused considerable consternation amongst users plague by VRAM problems and more?  If you didn't pretend to be a "student" that cost you $200.  And then there's Xplane:  5.5y later they still haven't released XP12.  I don't believe you have any appreciation for what's involved in all of these issues you think should be been resolved in SU10.   Try drinking more or take up smoking pot it may help.  Sorry, but the constant whining is tedious.

Filou, here's a constructive idea if you aren't already doing this:  try picking up something like A Pilot's Life v2 so that you can change your focus away from needing to see considerable improvement in all of the areas that matter to you and instead focus on piloting skills and behavior as each flight is score according to an array of criteria.  When MSFS launched we were all duly blown away.  We're adapted and become accustomed to many elements of MSFS that still are fabulous but we lose the "wow" piece to sustain our interest.  There is a very strong likelihood, IMO, that what you're after will come but it takes more than might be obvious to people not intimately involved in MSFS' development.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 25

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Sorry if I miss something.

Are we able to switch any other views (different from main window view) on the second window ? For example having the cocpit view on the main and the outer view on the new window ? (As we did on FSX)

Thanks.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, Blind Pilot said:

How can I grab SU v 10?

I would upgrade fs 2020 build 1.26.5.0, but I would love to over write it if I could.

Many thanks to all for the support.

Ron

You need to install and launch the app XBOX Insider Hub. Then join the Microsoft Flight Simulator beta. What few seconds until the beta was confirmed in XBOX Insider Hub. Then go to Marketplace (the Insider Hub suggests the XBOX App if I remember correctly) and you should be able to download/install the SU10 beta

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Blind Pilot said:

Ship it to all who you think would help out.

done, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/accessibility-features-in-su-10/529899

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

and the Citizenship Award goes to .....

DAD !

https://www.avsim.com/profile/122290-dad/

for helping fellow simmers to enjoy MSFS as real as it gets.

my thanks and congratulations to the most useful post in this over 400 posts thread!

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Regarding sharpness of text in glass cockpits:

DLSS indeed is less sharp than, say, TAA with render settings on 100. So if you run the sim in 1080p you most likely will have less sharp instruments. But for me on a RTX 2080 Super and in 4k resolution it is necessary to reduce render settings to 80 or 70 to get a reasonable framerate. This means that text always is a bit blurry. DLSS is a distinct improvement! I run it in "Balanced" mode and the glass cockpit instruments are visibly sharper. Even more: framerate is more consistent and doesn't drop much anymore in SU 10. I was very surprised when I got 40 fps over London the other day (in the steam cockpit 172, not in the Airbus).

• Like 2