Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

in this case legacy FSX is superior to what we have in MSFS.  Hopefully a total redo of the MSFS traffic system is still planned.  

uh no? Legacy FSX models and textures don't support PBR and other advanced graphical features added with MSFS.

The crashes are related to models/textures, not the AI system itself.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Yea I think my i9-9900k is the bottleneck with my 3080 ;(

For what it's worth, I had the same CPU/GPU with 32G RAM, Windows 10 and an overclock to 4.9.

• I was having stuttering issues especially on final and few other occasions.  A real PITA.

• decided the upgrade to an i5 12600K and install Windows 11, no overclock.

• All settings on ULTRA to make the sim GPU limited.

The difference is remarkable.  Just an FYI.....

• Like 2

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

As you continually express dissatisfaction over many areas of the simulation perhaps it's time for you to go explore the other sims as the pace of deployment of MSFS for you appears virtually intolerable, full of frustration, and with a complete lack of appreciation for where the sim is today.  You want you Maypo and you want it now.  Did you know it took two years for P3D to go from their conversion to 64-bit in v4 (which in itself took 2 years)  then to add DX-12 implementation and enhanced atmospherics in v5--both of which caused considerable consternation amongst users plague by VRAM problems and more?  If you didn't pretend to be a "student" that cost you $200.  And then there's Xplane:  5.5y later they still haven't released XP12.  I don't believe you have any appreciation for what's involved in all of these issues you think should be been resolved in SU10.   Try drinking more or take up smoking pot it may help.  Sorry, but the constant whining is tedious.

Filou, here's a constructive idea if you aren't already doing this:  try picking up something like A Pilot's Life v2 so that you can change your focus away from needing to see considerable improvement in all of the areas that matter to you and instead focus on piloting skills and behavior as each flight is score according to an array of criteria.  When MSFS launched we were all duly blown away.  We're adapted and become accustomed to many elements of MSFS that still are fabulous but we lose the "wow" piece to sustain our interest.  There is a very strong likelihood, IMO, that what you're after will come but it takes more than might be obvious to people not intimately involved in MSFS' development.

You try to be spectacular only for your fan club,it's teatime isn't it? . You wrote this comment with your mouth full without a doubt NOEL.

I am frustrated with MSFS2020 SU10 and to be sincere once again I see nothing between the SU9 and the SU10 except of course the whole repairs written black on white. Luckily you read it like me otherwise we wouldn't have noticed anything in the simulator .Do you have a problem about my dissatisfaction ? Do i have a problem about your amazing satisfaction about msfs 2020?.

NOEL, here's a"nother constructive idea ,If ASOBO could spend as much time and effort in clouds and live weather improvement as your comment,that would be much more helpful.

I feel like you've been completely bruised by P3D and XP so full of sweetness you are with MSFS2020.

Whether it's FS2004, FSX, P3D, XP... I dried them up like lemons . Take note for the next time .

Yes MSFS for me appears virtually intolerable in some compartments. objection?

So now that you have DX12 and no more stuttering you don't miss anything for take off.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

@filou I'm usually on your side, but this time I have to be on the other side of the conversation. This small updates, although small, are creating a fantastic sim that you should be enjoying. Even if you need a mod or two, it's worth the effort and it's the best flight sim ever created.

Get out of the box and appreciate what you have.

• Like 8

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, CFIJose said:

@filou I'm usually on your side, but this time I have to be on the other side of the conversation. This small updates, although small, are creating a fantastic sim that you should be enjoying. Even if you need a mod or two, it's worth the effort and it's the best flight sim ever created.

Get out of the box and appreciate what you have.

I've always liked the performance of MSFS2020 but I really don't like how little effort they've made with the rendering of clouds and live weather, satellite photo resolution, terrain color and photogrammetry city.

For some people it's something else for me it's these and I claim them without any complexes. I will repeat myself a third time, I have no difference in performance between DX11 SU9 and DX11 SU10.

I didn't have any performance issues with the SU9 so for me the SU10 doesn't bring anything on that side.

So what has changed for you this beta SU10?

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

19 minutes ago, filou said:

So now that you have DX12 and no more stuttering you don't miss anything for take off.

@filou Relax we are talking about a simulation at a mature manner, no need to argue for the argument sake... We get your point and no need to repeat over and over in the same threat.

SU10 is still in beta and the purpose is to test it nothing more, so frustration with a beta is beyond my comprehension just don't test the beta or make tickets and report the issues in the beta forum.

The final build will hopefully iron out some major stuff and at that point I make up my mind which is fair to do.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

André

Anyone try running DX12 in VR?

I still just can't get a smooth experience with it. 

Also, luckily AIG seems to be working fine on my end.  I'm using Live Traffic, not AIG traffic.  Hopefully it gets ironed out quickly for those who are having problems with it.

Edited by FakeWayne

4 minutes ago, filou said:

I've always liked the performance of MSFS2020 but I really don't like how little effort they've made with the rendering 

So what has changed for you this beta SU10?

Imagine you own a small airplane. Local shop installed  new alternator, voltage regulator, overhauled spark plugs and etc . After job is done  you look at your airplane paint and say “ so what really change? Airplane looks exactly like before “

• Like 13

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

While I appreciate the advancement by Asobo in the areas they have worked on, Filou is right about things such as the cloud types not being developed significantly over the two years, and terrain colours (green tone on roads etc.) - a lot of people are using the Google Maps mod for this very reason.

Plus Filou's comment...  "I dried them up like lemons" is pure class and must be a contender for the quote of the month for July - he has won many previously!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, awf said:

@filou Relax we are talking about a simulation at a mature manner, no need to argue for the argument sake... We get your point and no need to repeat over and over in the same threat.

SU10 is still in beta and the purpose is to test it nothing more, so frustration with a beta is beyond my comprehension just don't test the beta or make tickets and report the issues in the beta forum.

The final build will hopefully iron out some major stuff and at that point I make up my mind which is fair to do.

I am at normal temperature.

I adapt quite easily to people's levels. 

I'm just talking about simulation here and the SU10 beta version. For the moment I do not encounter any bugs and no performance problems.

I feel like I'm in the SU9 but under a different name.

Yes you are right we have so much time to analyze all these incredible developments.For the moment we have talked about 28 pages VFR MAP , DSSL  and Performance

I can't wait to talk about the rest of the SU10 list,not you?

1 hour ago, filou said:

Yes MSFS for me appears virtually intolerable in some compartments. objection?

usually don't engage into these black and white discussions as they lead nowhere. but yes, an objection as "intolerable" is harsh. To each their own, I find MSFS utmost tolerable, especially now with SU10beta and yes I also dried some lemons, while I skipped P3D I started with FS4. Now I am off again, am having a blast in DX12 with the Fenix

Edited by DAD
typo
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just now, DAD said:

usually don't engage into these black and white discussions as they lead nowhere. but yes, an objection as "intolerable" is harsh. To each their own, I find MSFS utmost tolerable, especially now with SU10beta and yes I also dried some lemons, while I skipped P3D I started with FS4. Now I off again, am having a blast in DX12 with the Fenix

I have a lot of fun with the FENIX too, one does not prevent the other and if you are a FENIX pilot you normally have to differentiate between "MSFS2020 intolerable" and certain " Intolerable Compartments of MSFS2020"

23 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

While I appreciate the advancement by Asobo in the areas they have worked on, Filou is right about things such as the cloud types not being developed significantly over the two years, and terrain colours (green tone on roads etc.) - a lot of people are using the Google Maps mod for this very reason.

Plus Filou's comment...  "I dried them up like lemons" is pure class and must be a contender for the quote of the month for July - he has won many previously!  :laugh:

"While I appreciate the advancement by Asobo in the areas they have worked on, Filou is right about things such as the cloud types not being developed significantly over the two years, and terrain colours (green tone on roads etc.) - a lot of people are using the Google Maps mod for this very reason."

Thanks for the translation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

Anyone try running DX12 in VR?

I still just can't get a smooth experience with it. 

Also, luckily AIG seems to be working fine on my end.  I'm using Live Traffic, not AIG traffic.  Hopefully it gets ironed out quickly for those who are having problems with it.

It was a stuttery mess when I briefly tried it the other night, i think OpenXR Toolkit Dev has found the issue regarding the CTD and DX12 so I'll check in on that and give it another go.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

47 minutes ago, filou said:

Imagine that all men on earth have exactly the same face as you. This does not prove that they think the same thing.

You can think whatever you want of course. But a matter of facts that you don't see work done "under the hood". When people pointing out for you you choose to ignore and stick to your believes (or ignorance). 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI