Sign in to follow this  
Kassu62

SIM Update 10 Beta and VR

- DepthReprojection Option added to get smoother experience
- Adding a world scale perception option slider in the VR graphics settings
- Frustum Culling support for canted displays
- Fixed In-game panel size

I do not know what the 1st and 3rd improvements are actually doing.

Edited by Kassu62
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reading a couple of reports that DX12 + G2 yields performance improvements (possibly including using DLSS) with none of the artifacts that MSFS warned about

Is anyone seeing the same?  I'm hesitant to join the beta because it partially breaks the OpenXR Tool Kit, but good VR DX12 results plus the other VR improvements could be worth the price of admission. 😉

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray

3 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Reading a couple of reports that DX12 + G2 yields performance improvements (possibly including using DLSS) with none of the artifacts that MSFS warned about

Is anyone seeing the same?  I'm hesitant to join the beta because it partially breaks the OpenXR Tool Kit, but good VR DX12 results plus the other VR improvements could be worth the price of admission. 😉

Great! Im not opting in to the beta as last time it screwed up my sim big time...so will wait for others to advise...but sounds promising... as i understand, DLSS wont allow the use for the XRToolkit at the same time...so will be interesting if in-house settings will cater for the same thing...

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

16 hours ago, vonduck said:

as i understand, DLSS wont allow the use for the XRToolkit at the same time..

This statement is not correct. There is no incompatibility with DLSS, the issues today have to do with DX12 (but DLSS and OpenXR Toolkit are working fine together with DX11) and foveated rendering.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

This statement is not correct. There is no incompatibility with DLSS, the issues today have to do with DX12 (but DLSS and OpenXR Toolkit are working fine together with DX11) and foveated rendering.

What issues exactly?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Good to know...was just repeating what i saw on Youtube ... thanks for the heads up!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

5 hours ago, vonduck said:

Good to know...was just repeating what i saw on Youtube ... thanks for the heads up!

Omg this is the same YouTuber spreading misinformation again. My post on the flight sim forum (link above) is the sole source for what works/what does not work.

Edited by mbucchia

(deleted... sorry wrong thread)

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Omg this is the same YouTuber spreading misinformation again. My post on the flight sim forum (link above) is the sole source for what works/what does not work.

Have checked that out..thanks for the link! I guess we have to be careful what we listen to heh!

Doug 

So finally a specific NVIDIA driver allowing DLSS to FS20 does not was necessary, right? as someone told me, or it was released hiddenly?

Btw. 2D windows arent fixed still! Come on Asobo! 
pls vote here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vr-panels-still-not-remembering-position-and-size/528996/18

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Is there sound 5.1 when in VR or is it still 2.0?

Vote if you want 5.1 sound nowadays after many decades that it is included in games, and even more important to have a 5.1 in VR, but nobody votes, weird, the people are very happy in stereo, they could go to another step behind, and to fly in mono with only 1 speaker in the middle.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-5-1-real-surround-sound-when-in-vr-like-in-pancake/515396

Edited by peloto

17 hours ago, severniae said:

What about the brightness in daytime in VR, is it any better?

For me in the PMDG B737 it now is absolutely perfect. No need to wear the OpenXR Toolkit sunglass option. With DX11 OpenXR toolkit works fine. FPS with almost everything on ULTRA above Hollywood Burbanks 30-35 fps, very smooth without even motion reprojection on. The 737 had to be reinstalled for me to work btw, before that displays were black.

DLSS, as is DX12,  is an option I only see in usercfg file, not in the in game VR menu,  I left it default on VR PERFORMANCE. In usercfg sharpen is also ON, numbers and text on displays is good, although I think a little less sharp than before.

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)