Sign in to follow this  
Kassu62

SIM Update 10 Beta and VR

5 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Clearer instrument readouts in the cockpit

Garmin or Steam gauges? There's a universal issue with DLSS and blurry Garmin screens.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 7/9/2022 at 8:00 PM, vonduck said:

was just repeating what i saw on Youtube 

:wacko:

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Pie in the Sky about a week ago released a video expounding the VR performance benefits of using the DLSS feature of SU10 beta.  I followed his advice to install it, and for me the results are fantastic!  Though I'm getting the same FPS as pre-SU10 beta, and maybe a tiny bit higher in places, the big improvements for me (though I don't use a lot of addon scenery or airports) are:

• No more shimmering ground objects, anywhere or at any time!!!!
  • Clearer instrument readouts in the cockpit

Both of these now mitigated issues were my bane since I began using VR, and with DLSS "Quality" they are no more...well worth the hassle of joining the beta.  As far as smoothness goes, it's really smooth with a 44 fps driver frame limit, which is just as it was with SU9 with all the same other settings (see my specs in my signature).   Using DX11, now back to flying!

Will wait for the main  release but how do  you switch on DLSS ?  Would I get a benefit with a 3080rtx with quest 2?

cheers 

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

17 minutes ago, Bozdog said:

Will wait for the main  release but how do  you switch on DLSS ?  Would I get a benefit with a 3080rtx with quest 2?

cheers 

I can´t be sure for 100%. But seeing your specs I think YES. DLSS (in the sim settings ) at quality (also Performance and balanced are options), with DX12 (and DX 11 also), makes my sim Super smooth and very stable FPS (relies on DX12 and not on DLSS)! 

DLSS is a performance optimization for those who have good GPU and are NOT CPU bound! I have a 3090 and i9 10900k HT off, and am now with SU10 BETA GPU bound with my Varjo at 37PPD! 

Great experience.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

16 hours ago, MarcG said:

Garmin or Steam gauges? There's a universal issue with DLSS and blurry Garmin screens.

I agree that the glass panel instruments are slightly less clear than their TAA counter part.  Slightly in that I needed to do an A-B comparison to see the difference.  Using "blurry" definitely is an overstatement.  For AA settings I used TAA with 70 renderscale and 150 AMD sharpness, for these settings produce comparable frame rates which I get with DLSS Quality.  Note that before using DLSS, these were my FSR settings in the OpenXR Toolkit.

10 hours ago, Bozdog said:

cheers 

DLSS is now an AA setting that can replace TAA.  As mention it has selectable modes.  DLSS is a render scaling technology that enhances clarity using nvidia specific hardware/software.  Each lower mode increases the downscale used, trading higher frame rate performance for less image quality.  With a quest 2 I'd guess the following:  the ground object shimmering will be gone, but since that HMD has a lower resolution than the Reverb G2 the cockpit clarity may not be enhanced as much, if at all.

Edit:  With a Quest 2 driven by a RTX 3080, DLAA, now an AA option, might work well to enhance the VR visual clarity since it's sort of an inverted DLSS:  render at a higher resolution, then SS downscale to the HMD resolution.  I hope we'll soon be reading the results of Quest 2 users doing this.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

46 minutes ago, TheFamilyMan said:

I agree that the glass panel instruments are slightly less clear than their TAA counter part.  Slightly in that I needed to do an A-B comparison to see the difference.  Using "blurry" definitely is an overstatement.  For AA settings I used TAA with 70 renderscale and 150 AMD sharpness, for these settings produce comparable frame rates which I get with DLSS Quality.  Note that before using DLSS, these were my FSR settings in the OpenXR Toolkit.

Blurry is not an overstatement on my behalf, between TAA and DLSS the difference is huge for me on my Reverb G2, I've tried multiple settings but it's nowhere near as good and as per the official forums I'm not alone. I hope they can sort it out in DLSS, maybe render the screens differently somehow, until then DLSS is pointless for me (I get no performance increase either!)

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Blurry is not an overstatement on my behalf...and as per the official forums I'm not alone.

Surprising that I'm not experiencing this problem with my setup.  I used the stock GA aircraft with the G1000 for my tests, and all were as I reported.  I have the OpenXR render scale set to 100 via "OpenXR Tools for WMR".  I only fly GA aircraft and the usual ones I fly are add-ons and have mostly steam gauges, hence my initial results.  It'd be interesting to compare build hardware to see if there's some correlation there to this DLSS glass cockpit issue.  Using nvidia driver 512.15

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I can get DLSS to look good if I boost my WMR render scaling by as much as DLSS downsamples it by, but then I end up with the same performance I was getting with TAA anyway so I'm not seeing the point of it. It's almost like Asobo forgot to apply the upscaling part of DLSS to get you back to your original render scale with how blurry it looks.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

19 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I'm not seeing the point of it.

I'd say that's probably a true statement.  Looks that you missed my comment above about using DLAA for your quest 2, go check it out.

Rod O.

2 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Looks that you missed my comment above about using DLAA for your quest 2, go check it out.

I'm using a G2, so perhaps you are referring to someone else. Nonetheless, I haven't seen this DLAA option before so I'll give it a try.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

34 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I'm using a G2, so perhaps you are referring to someone else. 

Got my wires crossed between users here, sorry.  But regardless, I'm not quite sure of the problems with using DLSS, since I'm not having one at all and am rather impressed and delighted at how well it's performing for me.  I guess it's another of the endless cases with flight sims of YMMV.

• Like 1

Rod O.

Oops, fat fingered something on my phone, duplicate post deleted. 

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

Well. SU10 beta DX12 and DLSS worked pretty well. Until I did the MSFS2020 update for SU10 beta today. Stuttering fest again, in spite of fps 20-40 fps. Tried capped 30 fps but no improvement. Will update Windows 11 Insider Beta build, empty community folder, and restart...

• Upvote 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

2D windows (so from TAB key, top menu in VR) arent fixed in the last beta! 👿 👿 👿

Please VOTE here (if someone didnt do it yet) for final fix from Asobo side:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/build-1-27-11-0-vr-panels-still-not-remembering-position-and-size/528996

If they will release next SU in August with this issue it will be a JOKE so pls vote.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117afe8a9356509e26dd

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I find there is definitely less shimmering when using DLSS (DX11). I have a Reverb G2 and am using the OpenXR toolkit with FSR scaling. However, performance is not as good as SU9.

• Like 1