Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Incompatible addons/mods with SU10 Beta

6 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

same here

Me too. 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

9 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

Me too. 

Doesn't setting DLSS to quality fix this?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

46 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Likewise. And I haven’t moved my AIG folder either and had no crashes 💁‍♂️

It's a specific set of models, it's possible you just hadn't encountered any yet.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Doesn't setting DLSS to quality fix this?

No. Had to switch to TAA

Edited by xenonsk

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

5 hours ago, David Roch said:

Yes, sorry about the false alert. 😉

Can someone please confirm that the Addon Linker's map is working after the Beta?
I get a SimConnect error message.
Thanks!

Seems to be working fine for me, no errors

Looks like the current version of Navigraph Navdata Centre doesn't work with SU10 because of the changes that completely change how Content.xml works.

Navigraph are looking at this and how they can work with the new (undocument) system.

9 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Looks like the current version of Navigraph Navdata Centre doesn't work with SU10 because of the changes that completely change how Content.xml works.

Navigraph are looking at this and how they can work with the new (undocument) system.

Is the change to content.xml the reason for the quicker startup time of the sim?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

24 minutes ago, espent said:

Is the change to content.xml the reason for the quicker startup time of the sim?

That seems very likely.

content.xml now isn't used (at least for scenery) unless you manually move something in the new Reorder Tool at which point it now just stores a line saying what was moved and where. This has some consequences though as it appears that a) there's no obvious way to disable content in the same way you could before with the active flag and b) if you delete you content.xml it doesn't get recreated as before BUT it seems the content.xml file WAS still being used to control the order of non-scenery files and if it's gone there's no easy way to recreate it and MSFS will just load content in the order it feel like (presumably alphabetically) - this isn't ALL bad though because with no content.xml filer it's messed up how the Marketplace version (0.12.2) of the G1000 and the new Core version (1.0.1) of the G1000 load on my system such that all my G1000 using aircraft including 3rd party ones are now using the new Core version.

Edited by Matchstick

So far, FSR has given no problem, nor has AIG, but I found the PMS mods do create havoc with MSFS in-flight map. The FSPM VFR map mod still works fine

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

For some reason my CJ4 and Longitude mods resulted in white LCD screens in the cockpit (resolved when I removed the mods)

8 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Seems to be working fine for me, no errors

Thank you, Monica.
I will reinstall Addon Linker and see if it helps.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

I will reinstall Addon Linker and see if it helps.

Probably won't help 😱

got a msg from another user saying that the map doesn't work for him (simconnect error). Probably they changed something, i also read in the SU10 post here on avsim that there have been some changes in some files like the content.xml so that would break some other features of AL too.

Unfortunately i don't have the beta (and mega scared to install it 🙊🙊) so i'm a bit helpless at the moment and can't really help you out, sorry for that 😥

** edit .. sent you little test version via private message to see if maybe it helps .. shot in the dark because i can't test as explained above  😱 **

Edited by Bad_T

tested so far with SU10:

FSRpro : no issues

Addons-Linker : no issues

Pmdg737: no issues with the latest update , expect display scrolling blurry numbers 

Fenix A320:  i had some overspeed issues + AP disengage and aircraft climbing on higher altitudes than cruise level.

Navigraph Navdata center: As already mentioned, needs update ( trying to find content.xml)

AIG:  I had CTDs. Only solution for now was to remove FAB aircrafts from OCi folder as Kaii mentioned.

My test flights so far was only witth DX12 ( no reason to use anymore DX11)

• Like 2

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Tested

- Fenix A320,

- PMDG 737 with the last update from a couple days ago,

- SWS Kodiak

- default Caravan,

all in DX12, no DLSS as of yet - all did run & perform OK !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

DLSS - I have blurry numbers with Fenix as well as the PMDG 737. And that's even though I have the displays set to render via the integrated GPU?  I don't understand this because presumably the integrated GPU is not capable of using DLSS? EDIT Interestingly, if you zoom in close the numbers are no longer blurred.

Edited by jarmstro