Sign in to follow this  
Guest thx1137

737PIC YEAH!

Hi Gary,Yep, I grabbed it. This is one of my favorite and "most used" birds in FS9 (fly tons of Westjet routes), I was glad to see it finally come over.Performance hit is similar to the LVLD767 in FSX, just a couple of frames better. With the default 737 at the gate at CYVR, I get 30 (locked) or 40+ unlimited. I get about an average of 16 in VC, and about 25 in spot with the 737PIC. I run most of the sliders well right, less JF-Traffic at 50% and water only at 2x low.I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see a complex "commercial" bird in fsx that can get 20fps+ in VC. Soon enough we'll see PMDG and AirlinerXP results, but I'm really starting to wonder if FSX is going to be limited to a G/A and Helo sim for me. If I have to drop sliders back in FSX to get better frames, I prefer to fly in FS9 with all the scenery environment etc add-ons I have, plus get double the frames. But here's to hopeing ... :-beerchugBest Regards'Garett

Hey Greg,Well you could get the upgrade for 10 bucks if you wanted. Just buy the -400/500 FS9 upgrade , and then they add the FSX -3/4/5 full package to your download section for free. Just a thought to save a few bucks ...Garett

Garett,I hear ya.It's not the ten bucks, trust me.I just don't understand Wilco sometimes.Why not just upgrade the whole package and create some good will in the mean time ?I mean if you going to give something away, then give it away.Anyhow, enjoy the PIC in FSX.cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest thx1137

I grabbed it but so far I cant get any of the switches to work in the 2d or VC panels. Also, I downloaded a couple of repaints that were with the purchase but it looks like they must be for FS9 only as they went into the wrong folder and dont show up in the aircraft picker.Time for a reinstall me thinks.EDIT:Re-installing fixed the switches. I like it that the writing on the overhead is clear enough to read. At night the CRT displays are barely visible and I can't see how to make them brighter. Time to RTM. :-) I got 22-30fps in YPAD.Only the PMDG to go!