Sign in to follow this  
btacon

757/767 questions

Hi all,I received a weird email from a friend of mine. She knows I am an avid flight simmer and forwarded me an email that had some strange accusations about 9/11 and the 757/767 abilities that I was hoping someone could confirm or deny.First question: If the autopilot is NOT engaged, is there software loaded on the aircraft that will prevent it from doing more than 1.5 G's? I understand there are limits that can be placed on the autopilot heading depending upon the speed of the aircraft, but didn't know if something prevents it from making a hard turn if necessary.Second question: Can a 757 or 767 be operated via remote control from the ground? I can see a specially configured aircraft could do just about anything, but I have to imagine that this could never occur without the pilots knowing about it.third question: If the 757 or 767 can be operated via remote control, wouldn't this use the FMC and autopilot? Is there some other mechanism that couldn't easily be turned off by the pilot? (This email that I received states that NORAD has the ability to take ove the aircraft and fly it to safety).While I don't believe the email since it seems to be written by a conspiracy theorist, I wanted to make sure of some of the claims made about the aircraft since I know that I don't know everything.Any 757/767 drivers out there have any idea?Thanks,Eric

Yeah this is a pretty old email. Basically they are all no. And only 1.5 G's? There would be problems if quick action had to be made.

I say, who ya' gonna believe? An email or yaur own "lyin eyes"?9/11 was witness by the whole world, live and in full technicolor. Tin foil hats notwithstanding, only a fool would deny the reality of that day.My 2cents,bt