Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

MSFS Scenery Prices

Hmm yes, I have also noticed the increase too. In fact only this week I was going to buy an airport but then I found it was in excess of £20 so it remains off my hard drive! While there are some good MSFS airports available I have been very disappointed, more than once, on some of the airports I have bought, and they have been from one of the leading scenery developers. So the idea of dropping the kind of cash that I used to do with a P3D airports does not fill me with much enthusiasm, especially when there is a risk of it being a subpar product.

• Like 3

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I think the only airport I have bought for MSFS is FlyTampa's Las Vegas... AMAZING.

Those who don't buy add-on airports are missing out on a gem.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

45 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm yes, I have also noticed the increase too. 

Was looking at aircraft pricing, Just Flight wants $45 for the Arrow III, or $64 for the bundle.

Wow, now that's pricey for what you get.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

People have different desires when it comes to airports/scenery, and I respect that.  However...

• Currently, I have only a few add-on airports and they are all freeware (and excellent!)
  • I am never going to walk thru a terminal before flying or after landing - that's not what I'm simulating.
  • The default airports are really good and, in most cases, do all I want them to.
  • I may update my "home" airports if better scenery becomes available for them.
  • I may get add-on versions of airports I spend more time at if they indicate a demonstrated increase in accuracy/quality.
  • Once I spend more time with bush flights I would consider adding good remote area sceneries.
  • I spend far more time every week visiting new regions than revisiting previous areas.
  • I would note that something like the recently created Logan, UT airport brings some interest, as the default is a rare failure (nothing but mashed turf and empty tarmacs)
  • Like 1

Randall Rocke

I tend to buy only large international airports, and I have no need at all for terminal interiors. I also like some of the Orbx cityscapes and have bought several of those during the 40% sales as well. I did buy the WF Scenery VHHH airport even though it was only 20% off, but having been to VHHH, it was a must have. Also, it was under $18 after the discount so not a bad price for such a large airport. There are a few developers that don't tend to have sales much past 20%, which is generally not enough to get me to bite unless it is a must have. However, as a tube flyer, I love large detailed airports so I can't seem to help myself in buying addons. As others have said, it just makes sense to wait until these airports go on sale.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Was looking at aircraft pricing, Just Flight wants $45 for the Arrow III, or $64 for the bundle.

If you want a complex single, forum members say that it's the best one you can buy. I would wait until they go on sale.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I own about 30 addon airports, but I usually get them on sale.

My main gripe is that MS allowed some low quality mass producing devs to flood the market for a lot of US airports.
That makes it less likely one of the higher quality devs will make that airport in the future, since it's already been on the marketplace.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Hmm, well I don't mind paying good money for a good product, and the JF Arrow is an excellent product.:wink:

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There is plenty of freeware and FSX imports available if people do not want to pay for quality.  It is not as if you NEED these addons, you have a choice and choosing to buy them or not buy them is equally valid.

Over the past 2 weeks the only aircraft I have flown are:

• Sting S4   (about $25)
  • AH c140 (about $US20)
  • Grumman Goose (about $US20)
  • Just Flight Warrior II (about $US30)
  • Boeing 247D (about $US20)

They are all payware, and I have no regrets about buying any of them.

Most people here are not representative of us who buy airports. Like the default ones are good.. really? The same boxes everywhere, markings on the ground absent and so on. A majority of the payware airports are very good and almost always better then the freeware versions. As for interiors it's great! The more realism the better. And prices are still better then in previous flightsims. Only negative for developers is that the market is still flooded with them so it's easy to quickly get forgotten about and also a competition for customers.

Edited by Sagoland

6 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I own about 30 addon airports, but I usually get them on sale.

My main gripe is that MS allowed some low quality mass producing devs to flood the market for a lot of US airports.
That makes it less likely one of the higher quality devs will make that airport in the future, since it's already been on the marketplace.

This might be a dumb question, but can more than one developer make scenery for a specific airport? You know, like how more than one company can make and sell chocolate ice cream. Or is it "first come, first serve"?

EDIT - I'm specifically talking about the official marketplace.

Edited by Keto Ketchup

17 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I agree, since I got the C 310, and the Fenix, the Arrow lll  sits in the hangar collecting dust. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree, since I got the C 310, and the Fenix, the Arrow lll  sits in the hangar collecting dust. 

Same here .

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

5 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

This might be a dumb question, but can more than one developer make scenery for a specific airport? You know, like how more than one company can make and sell chocolate ice cream. Or is it "first come, first serve"?

EDIT - I'm specifically talking about the official marketplace.

I have not seen the same airport ever listed twice at the MSFS Marketplace, so at the very least it would be very awkward. I think my main point was that if a specific airport hits the marketplace, it's unlikely other developers will ever make a better version, unless it's a major city or big INTL airport, then it happens sometimes.

Some of those mass producing devs are ruining some of the regional airports.
I am abhorred at some of the low quality that MS lets sell at the store.
Some of the airports even have decent ratings and sometimes they look like Minecraft.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I have not seen the same airport ever listed twice at the MSFS Marketplace, so at the very least it would be very awkward.

Here's one.

pY6sBv.png

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5