Sign in to follow this  
EasternT3

African Airports

I was hoping anyone could recommend any decent African airports for tubeliners, I want to fly into the continent more, but I only really buy off Orbx, who have none, so am I missing any developers at other vendors? I have seen FSDG in the past but never bought any of their offerings for any sim before.

Thanks

Joe  

32 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I was hoping anyone could recommend any decent African airports for tubeliners, I want to fly into the continent more, but I only really buy off Orbx, who have none, so am I missing any developers at other vendors? I have seen FSDG in the past but never bought any of their offerings for any sim before.

Thanks

Joe  

There's a very good Dakar and a good Monrovia, both on Simmarket, but that's about it (at least for quality airports).

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

FSDG has decent Accra, Nairobi, Cape Town and Windhoek for MSFS

Edited by MPL
  • Like 1

Mikael Leinonen

If you are not too picky for quality, Simmarket has a full range of African airports from one developer called FSX Scenery. The same applies to FSDG.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Africa is poorly served by quality payware dev’s in MSFS. Take one of the largest (if not the largest) international airport on the entire African continent, FAOR (Johannesburg). It is a poorly represented Asobo default and there has been no payware or freeware alternative of any acceptable standard. Just some old FSX port over being sold at a premium price for what it offers.

Someone has created an impressive looking 3D creation of FAOR as per this link below but it seems to be dead.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/faor-or-tambo-international-airport-johannesburg.447866/

For other options in South Africa, have a look at Caelus Aerial on SimMarket, they have an OK rendition of FALA (Lanseria, north of Johannesburg) and FABL (Bloemfontein).

Gaffer Simulations has done FALE (Durban) and while more or less accurate, still looks very much like a FSX port over. Their Port Elizabeth scenery is ok (FAPE) though.

Some good freeware on flightsim.to, search for Kimberley (FAKM), George (FAGG) and East London (FAEL). They can all be served by the B737 and A320 class and make for good flights to Asobo’s hand crafted Cape Town (might only be available in the premium deluxe version, not sure) which is also well done. Another option is a nice rendition of FASZ (Skukuza, Kruger National Park), but that’s limited to corporate and GA sized aircraft.

• Like 4

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor