Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Can button be used for total communications to ATC

Hello Folks.

Does the product allow for 100% button (preset phrases) to communications to ATC? I do not use or ever used a mic with my Sims. I really can't seem to get a 100% confirmation from the tons of videos out there since everyone always use and focus on a mic in their videos. Everyone always seems to focus and concentrate on "phraseology," training the speech recognition which doesn't apply to me. I also read somewhere in the set up (and in a video) that a mic has to be connected to your PC in order for the set up to be successful.

So, little confusing to me since a mic is required for initial installation but may not be required to be utilized since button options are available?

I am looking for anyone to please confirm if the product can be fully utilized (100%) via button operations. I would really appreciate.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw. 

Yes,

You have to have a microphone installed and set as the primary audio input device for Windows, but you don't have to use it.

There is a SayIt feature that lets you make requests and respond to ATC using keys/buttons.  

Dave

ahhhh, got it. Thanks for the explanation and clarification Dave, I appreciate it.

I will give the product a go.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.