Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

fsx still running after EXIT?

Do you see any benefit in installing FSAutostart if my Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) displays no Applications running prior to starting FSX? (It also shows 65 Processes but no CPU usage).-G

>Do you see any benefit in installing FSAutostart if my>Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) displays no Applications>running prior to starting FSX? (It also shows 65 Processes>but no CPU usage).>>-GThe processes are what FSAutostart cleans up, many are unnecessary, and while they may not be taking up CPU time, they eat up memory. Depending on your system config, that could be the difference in running FSX (or FS9) in physical memory, vs having to use virtual memory!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom: Thanks for that info. I think I'll install FSAutostart and see if it yields any positive results...-George

>Hi guys,>>More then a year has passed, still the same problem. >>Nico>>http://www.lekseecon.nlWhat are your system specs?______________Efrain RuizLiveDISPATCHhttp://www.livedispatch.orgCooler Master cosmos SDFI LP UT P35 T2R (3-17-2008 BIOS) | E8400 @ 4GHz (500MHz x 8) | 2 x 2GB OCZ Flex II PC9200EVGA Nvidia GTX280Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Operating System RAID-0) | Two (2) WD3200AAKS 320GB (Flight Simulator RAID-0)Corsair CM PSU-750TX | Asus 20X DVD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Are you clearing the cache on exit? Is your disk driver still moving?After exiting fsx try letting the system sit for a while and see if it ever stops running.

I'll bring this up, because I have the same problem...It happens very often, more than 50% of shutting down FSX it is running further on....Could just end it via Task manager.AT the same time I have "problems" with ASE.ASE isn't reconnecting after FSX shuts down and will be restarted.(This happens also if FSX shut down in the right way)Yesterday I have uninstalled AccPack, repaired FSX, installed SP1, installed AccPack again and every install was correct as I can see.My system is FSX with AccPack, 8800GTS with 6Gig RAMWIN7 Prof 64 bit, all UAC off and Admin rightsThe issue that FSX isn#t shutting down happens with or without addons.With and without external addons like ASE etc.The conclusion is that it could not depend on any addons.It comes to my mind that sth is really screwed up in my FSX...Help would be very appreciated....thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think there is much more to be said than what's already in this thread, Guenter.As you pile more addons on FSX it becomes less stable, is my experience. Only real cure is a complete FSX reinstall (unless you get lucky and find the conflicting addon). Running the FSX "repair" usually does more harm than good.If you have no other problems with your installation, I'd just accept that it doesn't shut down properly and reboot between running FSX. If you do have other problems, bite the bullet.

Guest 413X3

my guess is, rebuild your fsx.cfg filesearch for duplicate afcad filesdisable all addon scenerymake sure your permissions are set correctly and you are running fsx as administrator (if on vista or win7)

Guest rdg

Hey,I had this issue too when I was OC'ng my box. Although I do not know what caused the exact problem, when I finally got to an OC stable it went away. The basis for "Stable" meant the use of tools to hammer the memory and the other subsystems of the computer. So, I just was curious if this box you have now is OC'd, and whether or not you ran the necessary tests on the memory and subsystems, or did you OC and use FSX to test? Bob G

Hey,I had this issue too when I was OC'ng my box. Although I do not know what caused the exact problem, when I finally got to an OC stable it went away. The basis for "Stable" meant the use of tools to hammer the memory and the other subsystems of the computer. So, I just was curious if this box you have now is OC'd, and whether or not you ran the necessary tests on the memory and subsystems, or did you OC and use FSX to test? Bob G
Yes, my PC is OCed (Q6600) @ 3,4 Ghz.It runs rocksolid and i have tested it with Prime...I have uninstalled my complete FSX and I'm reinstalling right now.If the error happens again I will clock down a bit and look if this helps.Thanks for the suggestion...

Guenter Steiner

This problem plagued me for about a week. Finally determined it was an incompatible traffic bgl from MAIW. Removed the bad traffic bgl via trial and error, problem gone. Just a shot in the dark.

Also a nice hint...For the case it comes up again one day: how do you found out which BGL was affected?

Guenter Steiner