Sign in to follow this  
Hauer

No ILS for runway 08L/26R at Muscat (OOMS)

Hello - don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the latest P3D4/5 ARMI Project OOMS software?

Performed a flight today from Sharjah (OMSJ) to Muscat (OOMS) with the ATC ILS instruction to land on RWY 08L.
Everything was set for an ILS approach but there was no responsiveness whatsoever.

Has anyone else experienced similar for this airport product? If so, is there a possible fix available?

Thanks - Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

Hello i have not a fix for your issue, but an Idea: you can simulate the real live and do an none precision approach. In real live its possible that an ILS did not work.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2022 at 11:33 AM, Hauer said:

Hello - don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the latest P3D4/5 ARMI Project OOMS software?

Performed a flight today from Sharjah (OMSJ) to Muscat (OOMS) with the ATC ILS instruction to land on RWY 08L.
Everything was set for an ILS approach but there was no responsiveness whatsoever.

Has anyone else experienced similar for this airport product? If so, is there a possible fix available?

Thanks - Herman

Anytime there is a frequency discrepancy, it can be verified by looking at the P3d map which will show the frequencies in use for that particular airport.    

Bode

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 7/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, Hauer said:

Thanks - Herman

The scenery from ARMI Project has no ILS, it is in the default scenery and as I could see, a bit shifted to the right looking at 8L. So the ILS is given from default scenery, unless you deleted the default scenery somehow.

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

The ILS frequencies at OOMS have changed. The old stock ILS was: 08L 108.9 IML and the new 108.3 IMW. For 26R the old was 110.3 ISB and the new 110.7 IMR.

Have you updated the P3D navaid and mag var database by any chance?

https://sors.fr/aero/navaids3.html

I do not have the ARMI Project scenery but if there is no ILS data in it (as suggested by Dan) then it will be using the stock data ILS.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

10 hours ago, cowpatz said:

The ILS frequencies at OOMS have changed. The old stock ILS was: 08L 108.9 IML and the new 108.3 IMW. For 26R the old was 110.3 ISB and the new 110.7 IMR.

Have you updated the P3D navaid and mag var database by any chance?

https://sors.fr/aero/navaids3.html

I do not have the ARMI Project scenery but if there is no ILS data in it (as suggested by Dan) then it will be using the stock data ILS.

Had just downloaded / installed the program yesterday and will give it another try asap. Thanks!

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

Solved!  Thanks to those having provided input.

Herman

• Like 1

Good to read that Herman.
What was the issue in the end?  Just to close the thread with a solution should anyone else has a similar issue.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

Initially, I experienced a very strange situation... I kept being directed to the "old" runway being 08R / 26L.

Checked the frequencies in the settings section of my Pro/ATC/X database and made sure they were up to date with the revised airport layout.

Also went to the website: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4459-muscat-ooms-ils-problem-with-modified-bgl/?_fromLogin=1 and downloaded the AFX_OOMSP3D.BGL replacement file (login needed to download otherwise not available).

Since doing this, all functions well.

Herman