Sign in to follow this  
flightsim1818

What has changed since launch?

19 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

@CFIJose - how can any simmer not think like you im asking myself? ☺️

sp

Those who suffer before they should, suffer more than they should. 😀

"A man who suffers before it is necessary, suffers more than is necessary."

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 hours ago, CFIJose said:

MSFS right now, is fully loaded! I have many amazing payware aircraft, many excellent payware airports, FSRealistic, AIG traffic, and a working ATC. I even have my GoFlight software & modules working. So I'm very happy with what has been achieved by ASOBO and the team after 2 years.

I was a little bored, but after upgrading and going from High to Ultra, it is a bigger difference than I thought (especially when taxiing).
With 32" monitors as cheap as they are and people blowing out some AMD's at silly prices (or NVIDIA at slightly higher prices), few excuses not to upgrade...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

"What has changed since launch?"

AI has gone to the dogs.

James

It seems the things that have improved the most are third party add-ons. The world has received some great updates as well, but the core simulation components haven’t really changed much… ATC, weather, LOD, night lighting, turboprop flight models… all still largely unimproved. 

WT has clearly made sone progress but has Asobo actually improved much in the last 2 years? 

Edited by Virtual-Chris

Yes. Performance is fantastic now even at Ultra settings, far beyond what it was even a year ago.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics

Edited by cobalt

34 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

WT has clearly made sone progress but has Asobo actually improved much in the last 2 years? 

First of all, MSFS is much more stable than the first year after launch. It also requires less RAM and has greater performance.

The flight model has improved and a lot of irritating bugs have been solved or improved. A lot of stuff has been added, some to allow third parties to do great stuff, others to prepare for the autumn update for even more flight model improvements.

In short, Asobo has done a lot to improve the core of the sim and  currently seem to be laying the e foundation for a few new features.

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Flight model is more dynamic, but the turbulence model seems changed almost every 3-4 versions, or maybe it's just my rough flying (no idea).

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

On 7/12/2022 at 12:33 PM, ha5mvo said:

Pretty much accurate.

There are quite a few good 3rd party addons now.

Ground and flight dynamics are pretty much problematic. The weather and the wind/turbulence effects, while better than in the initial release are also a glaring weakness.

ATC and AI need fixing.

Oh yeah, the visuals are really nice in most parts.

100% agree with you on this.

I have just returned to check progress on the sim after a nine month break. I got so sick of the appalling "flight dynamics" that I removed it from my new computer (which I'd bought just to run FS2020).

There are some really tempting new aircraft add ons available but I'm holding off buying anything until Microsoft/Asobo fix the base flight dynamics and ground friction issues. Then maybe they could give us proper weather rather than the "baked in" bumps.And a proper external view would be nice without having to program drones.

The ATC is so awful it's quite amusing so I listen to it for a laugh but don't interact with it as I'd probably lose the will to live.

Apart from all that it does look fantastic visually.

• Like 1

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg